These are some amazing Nachos made with veggies and Homemade Nacho Ale Cheese Sauce. Easy and amazing snack to serve at your next football party!
Super Bowl is this week and I know you are going to have at least one nacho recipe for it.
Wings are nice and great but you can’t just serve wings! You need some chips smothered in some kind of delicious cheese sauce. These nachos will do just the trick to show you cheese heaven! I am actually not proud of how much of them I ate. This is one tasty dish of nachos loaded with fresh veggies and smothered in lots of cheese sauce. It has a kick to it too, coming from jalapenos and sauce. This fabulous sauce is made with Pepper Jack cheese and ale so it has some spice to it. If you want to kick it up a notch, add some red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper while sauce is cooking. You can always add more fresh jalapenos to veggies as well. Heat level is all up to you.
You probably noticed that I left out the serving amount. I’ve been doing good with remembering to add serving amount to my recipes but I have the hardest time estimating how many people some dishes will feed. It’s always easier to measure something in cups or when you have an exact amount of cookies or rolls. But here, it’s a little tricky because I can’t exactly measure it in cups.
I get this question all the time, “will it be enough for my family dinner?” Well, if you have teenage boys, probably not. I don’t know if it will feed two adults or four. It all depends on how many other dishes you serve at the same time and, more importantly, how much one can eat! At best I can tell you is that there is a whole 9 oz bag of chips, good amount of veggies and about 2 cups of cheese sauce. Enjoy!
Amazing Nachos with Veggies and Homemade Nacho Ale Cheese Sauce
- 9 oz tortilla chips
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 1 large jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- 1 avocado
- *Nacho Ale Cheese Sauce:*
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup ale or lager
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz pepper jack cheese shredded
- In a small sauce pot, over medium heat, melt butter and whisk in flour until smooth.
- Pour in beer while whisking.
- Whisk in heavy cream.
- Grate cheese on the large grater and add it to the pot. Whisk slowly until cheese is melted and smooth. Take off heat.
- Combine diced tomato, bell pepper, jalapeno and green onion in a bowl and mix with some salt.
- Spread half the bag of tortilla chips in a serving dish, in one layer, and add half the veggie mixture on top.
- Drizzle about half of the cheese sauce over the veggies.
- Spread remaining tortilla chips on top and remaining veggies over the chips.
- Drizzle more cheese sauce over the top. You should have enough cheese sauce to generously cover both layers or you can set some aside for dipping.
- Add some diced avocado on top.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Loaded Buffalo Chicken Nachos from Hot The Toast
Irish Nachos from Cooking With Curls
Macho Nachos from I Wash You Dry
Pulled Pork Nachos from Simply Gloria
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Recipes From Me: