Having appetizer for lunch is the best! These Chicken Ranch nachos are so easy to make. They are made with chicken, homemade ranch, Tostitos and lots of cheese!
I love making appetizers for lunch. When I go out to a restaurant, I often make a meal out of appetizers too. It just seems more fun! One of our favorite appetizers is nachos. I like playing around with different flavors and they are good for sharing. This week, I made us some Chicken Ranch Nachos and they were a hit!
My favorite chips to use for the nachos are Tostitos because they stay crispy better while baking. They also have a simply natural option and much less salty!
For most appetizers, I like to use blue tortilla Tostitos but I wanted to use something different. I have some of blue tortilla appetizers listed at the end of this post for you to check out.
Chicken Ranch Nachos
They are made with chicken, homemade ranch, Tostitos and lots of cheese.
- 1 9- oz bag of plain Tostitos
- 5-6 chicken tenders
- 1 packet of ranch seasoning mix
- 1 cup of ranch recipe below
- 4 oz Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup of chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of mayo
- 1/3 cup of buttermilk
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs chopped chives
- 1 tsp minced fresh dill weed
- 1 tsp minced fresh parsley
- salt pepper
- Coat the chicken tenders in ranch seasoning and saute on medium heat until fully cooked. Using two forks, shred the chicken tenders.
- Combine all the ingredients for ranch dressing in a bowl, whisk well.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In an oven-safe serving tray, spread out half of the chips evenly. (If you want to do three layers, spread out a third of chips and repeat layers three times.)
- Evenly, spread half of the shredded chicken over the chips. Sprinkle half of the tomatoes and green onion.
- Evenly, drizzle half of the ranch dressing, try to get all the chips.
- Grate half of the cheese over the nachos.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until all the cheese is nicely melted.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com
If you are wondering why I topped off our citrus green tea with a strawberry instead of lemon or lime, it’s my secret. Of course, I can share my secret, that’s why we are here! Something about the citrus green tea and strawberry combination that makes the flavors pop out and explode! Next time you are drinking Lipton citrus green tea, bite into a juicy strawberry and you will see what I mean!
Every time we finish a meal, hubby asks about dessert. Well, I may cook a lot but I just can’t spend every waking minute in the kitchen making a dessert for every meal. I came up with an easy solution…telling him to get over it, hehe. Or, I feel nice and make a simple dessert, like a Lime Pepsi Float. I just use vanilla ice cream, lime frozen bar, lime juice and Pepsi. Easy- peasy and delicious!
Here are some of my favorite ways to use Tostitos:
With Salsa Verde
With Spinach Parmesan Dip
You can check out my Google+ album for more info on the products used!
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
Don’t miss any new posts and recipes from me, subscribe to E-MAIL! Just enter your email in the side bar, you will receive an email for confirmation. Confirm and you are all subscribed! HUGS!
Remember to come back and link up to my party on Saturday night!!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful parties in my party tab + Weekend Potluck, Thirty Handmade Days, and Rattlebridge Farm. Swing by and link up your own projects!