Having appetizer for lunch is the best! These Chicken Ranch nachos are so easy to make. They are made with chicken, homemade ranch, Tostitos and lots of cheese!
I love making appetizers for lunch. When I go out to a restaurant, I often make a meal out of appetizers too. It just seems more fun! One of our favorite appetizers is nachos. I like playing around with different flavors and they are good for sharing. This week, I made us some Chicken Ranch Nachos and they were a hit!
My favorite chips to use for the nachos are Tostitos because they stay crispy better while baking. They also have a simply natural option and much less salty!
For most appetizers, I like to use blue tortilla Tostitos but I wanted to use something different. I have some of blue tortilla appetizers listed at the end of this post for you to check out.
Chicken Ranch Nachos
- 9 oz plain tortilla chips
- 5-6 chicken tenders
- 1 packet of ranch seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup homemade ranch
- 4 oz Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Coat the chicken tenders in ranch seasoning and saute on medium heat until fully cooked. Using two forks, shred the chicken tenders.
- Combine all the ingredients for ranch dressing in a bowl, whisk well.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In an oven-safe serving tray, spread out half of the chips evenly. (If you want to do three layers, spread out a third of chips and repeat layers three times.)
- Evenly, spread half of the shredded chicken over the chips. Sprinkle half of the tomatoes and green onion.
- Evenly, drizzle half of the ranch dressing, try to get all the chips.
- Grate half of the cheese over the nachos.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until all the cheese is nicely melted.