Amazing grilled cheese that will make you melt just like this mouthwatering creamy Havarti cheese. Easy sandwich made with Havarti, sweet pear seared with honey and some Dijon mustard.
Do you love grilled cheese sandwiches as much as I do?
My favorite thing to make for a quick lunch is a grilled cheese because I can pretty much have a different sandwich every day! I can make a grilled cheese every day for a year and still not repeat a meal. There are so many cheeses, breads and other fun ingredients to play around with. I should actually do that… I should make a different grilled cheese every day and write down all the recipes. What a fun project for the year! Now that I have a few months before I have to turn in my PhD program application and all I have to work on is studying for a test, creating recipes for you guys and playing with my boy, I feel like I have so much time on my hands. Yes, I’m doing it! (I might just put together a downloadable cookbook for you too.)
Anyway, this is one of my favorite flavor combinations – creamy, gooey melted Havarti cheese and sweet pear. I also added a little bit of Dijon mustard on the sourdough bread. Best part in the pear. I seared pear slices with a little bit of honey to bring out some sweetness and add a subtle taste or honey. So easy and tastes amazing!
Dijon Havarti & Pear Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices Sourdough bread
- 4-5 oz creamy Havarti cheese
- 1/2 large pear sweeter type
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Cut pear into thin slices and mix it with honey. Preheat a cooking pan over medium-high heat and sear pears for just a couple of minutes. Take out of the pan and lower heat to medium.
- Spread some Dijon mustard on each slice of bread. Don't use too much or it will overwhelm other flavors. Just a little for subtle flavor.
- Divide cheese evenly among the two slices of bread and add just a touch of salt. Add pear slices to one of the bread slices.
- Place both slices of bread in the pan and cook, over medium heat, until cheese starts to melt. Close sandwich and cook on both sides until bread is golden and cheese is completely melted.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Parmesan Crusted Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese Recipe from Rachel Cooks
Philly Steak Grilled Cheese from Sugar Dish Me
Parmesan Crusted Pesto Grilled Cheese from Two Peas in Their Pod
Grown Up Grilled Cheese from Just A Taste
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!