Homemade Snickerdoodle Pretzel Puffs. Soft, fluffy little pretzel buns made and coated with cinnamon and sugar and served with creamy cinnamon dip.
Snickerdoodles are the best!
It’s not just an amazing, cinnamon cookie, it’s a great word too. I love hearing it and I love saying it. It’s just too fun. “Snickerdoodle!!” I think that was even my nickname at some point in my life.
You can tell that I’m a huge fan of these cinnamon and sugar loaded treats. I like to make snickerdoodle flavored muffins, bread and now, I made pretzels. These are the best pretzels…ever!
Soft, homemade sweet pretzels made with cinnamon inside and baked with cinnamon/sugar coating. These pretzels are also served with a delicious cinnamon creamy dip. Both, pretzels and dip, compliment each other wonderfully.
Every second that you will put into making this treat will be SO worth it!
Try it and let me know. I can’t wait to hear what you think!
Snickerdoodle Pretzel Puffs
- ¼ oz packet dry active yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for surface)
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup white granulate sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp baking soda
- Pot of water
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Cinnamon Dip:
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix yeast and 2 tsp of sugar in a medium bowl. Add warm water and whisk until sugar dissolves. Let yeast bloom for about 10 minutes.
- Mix flour, 1/2 cup sugar and salt in a bowl of an electric mixer. Mix chopped, cold butter into flour on low speed until mixture starts to resemble coarse crumbs.
- Slowly pour yeast mixture into flour mixture, while still mixing on low, until just combined. Using your hands, gather dough together. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until no longer sticky, for a couple of minutes. Place in a medium bowl and cover with plastic. Let rise for 30-45 minutes in a dry, warm place.
- Divide dough in smaller, manageable pieces. Roll each piece into about 1 inch thick rope. Cut the rope into about 1-inch pieces. Rolls them into balls.
- Mix 3/4 cup of sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon in a shallow bowl until completely combined.
- Roll each dough ball in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place rolls to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and lightly greased (you may need 2 or 3 baking sheets). Let rest for 20 minutes in a dry, warm place.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add baking soda, stir well. Boil pretzel rolls in batches until puffed, about 30-45 seconds.
- Take out onto a paper towel, roll generously in cinnamon sugar mixture and return to baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between the rolls. (You may need more than one baking sheet.)
- Bake until golden brown, 7-8 minutes.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Recipes From Me: