We are still having a great family vacation and I can not wait to share it with you!
Today, give it up for the wonderful Zainab from Blahnik Baker!
The classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich is reinvented in these chewy, moist salted blondies that are really peanut buttery!
Hello there Will Cook for Smiles readers. My name is Zainab and I am the cake-obsessed, buttercream lover over at Blahnik Baker. I am very excited to be sharing a recipe here with you today!
Like all of you, I’m a huge fan of Lyuba and her drooling recipes. I am especially a fan of our shared love for coconut. She recreates coconut every time she touches it and I always look forward to her recipes. These Chewy Key Lime Coconut Cookies are one of my favorite recipes here and this coconut key lime bread just inspired me to get into the Spring spirit this past weekend.
However, for my visit here today, I decided not to bring my coconut craze (you are well stocked in that area!). Instead, I brought these salted peanut butter and jelly blondies which are the most delicious bars I’ve had. Are you a peanut nut butter fan? If so, you are in for a treat with these bars. And even if you are not a die-hard fan like my husband, I am sure you will enjoy the sweet and salty combination going on here.
These salted peanut butter and jelly blondies are just what any peanut butter lover needs when they are looking for that instant craving fix. With a double dose of peanut butter in the blondies, a nutty brown butter chewy base and a touch of sweet from the dollop of jelly, these salted blondies are the classic PB & J sandwich reincarnated.
Salted Peanut Butter and Jelly Blondies
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar
- ¾ cup peanut butter creamy or crunchy
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and browned
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 2 tablespoons strawberry or raspberry jelly
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanuts chopped
- Coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking pan. Line with parchment and grease parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. In another medium bowl, whisk together eggs, brown sugar, peanut butter, melted butter and vanilla extract until well combined. Fold in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the peanut butter chips. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Dollop the jelly on top of batter and spread if desired. Sprinkle chopped roasted peanuts.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
Thank you very much for letting me take over your blog today Lyuba. And thank you dear readers for having me. I had a great time sharing this recipe with you! I hope you’d stop by Blahnik Baker sometime to say Hello!
See A Few More Recipes From Me:
Connect with me: