Haha, I know what you are thinking and yes, they really are called “sumbitches!” These are soft and chewy peanut butter cookies made with caramel and chocolate … and they rock!
I know you have a burning question about why these are called “sumbitches.” They are that good!
These cookies are actually from a TV show “How I Met You Mother.” If any of you are fans, these cookies make an appearance in the current season. It’s hilarious! When Lilly meets Ted’s future wife, she gets offered these cookies.
Lilly: “I don’t care in these have poison in them, these sumbitches have peanut butter, chocolate and caramel in them! I’m eating them!”
Ted’s future wife: “I call them Sumbitches!!”
So naturally, after we stopped laughing, I swore to hubby that I will make them soon. I made them and oh…my…gawd…YUM! Soft and chewy peanut butter cookies with a rocking combination of chocolate and caramel added. L-O-V-E!
Sumbitches: Peanut Butter Chocolate & Caramel Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup caramel bits
- Preheat your oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or lightly grease a whoopie pie pan).
- Beat butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. It will probably take a couple of minutes.
- Add the peanut butter and beat on lower speed until incorporated.
- Add the eggs, one at the time, beating until combined. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- While on low speed, add flour, baking soda and salt, mix until all incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and caramel bits.
- Scoop out the cookie dough with a cookie scoop, shape (into a ball and then slightly flatten) and place about 2 inches apart (or in the center of a whoopie pan cup).
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Cookie Recipes? Sure!