Waffles make the best breakfast! You will love these Whole Wheat Blueberry Waffles made with fresh blueberries, honey and vanilla beans!
I realized something this week and I am still in disbelief! Back to school is less than 2 weeks away!! Where did this summer go?
People say that time flies when you are having fun but boy did this summer fly by in no time at all! I can’t believe that my little guy will be going back to school so soon. Well, I can’t believe it, he is asking to go almost every day. I guess school is still fun when you are in preschool.
Back to school time comes with a few crazy days. Lots of shopping, orientations and preparation for sending kiddos back. Good times!
Since I am only dealing with preschool, I don’t have too much preparing. What I do worry about is food. Lunches and breakfast mostly. I have one little picky boy on my hands when it comes to lunchtime at school. Because he is so picky at lunch, I make sure that he has a good breakfast at home.
Waffles and pancakes are some of his favorite breakfast foods and these waffles are extra special! They are healthy, absolutely delicious and very filling. Blueberries are our favorite berries but you can always play around with strawberries or raspberries instead. Vanilla bean makes a wonderful flavor addition and bring out the blueberry taste to center stage!
Whole Wheat Blueberry Vanilla Waffles
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cup blueberries
- Heat up milk and vanilla bean. Take off heat, slice the bean in half and scrape out vanilla seeds into the milk.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk milk, oil and honey together. Whisk in eggs.
- Whisk in flour, salt and baking powder.
- Fold in blueberries and let the batter stand while the waffle maker is heating up. (Make sure to grease your waffle maker by rubbing an oil soaked paper towel over the grids.)
- Cook waffles according to your waffle maker's specifications.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!