*Disclosure: I created my Peach Crumble Cookie Bars as part of a sponsored post for Walmart Produce and Socialstars #WalmartProduce. All opinions are my own!*
These Peach Crumble Cookie Bars are just scrumptious! It’s a soft cookie bottom layered with fresh peaches and sweet crumble on top!
Guess what?! It’s peach season!!
I love it that peaches are everywhere now. We’ve been snacking on peaches almost every day because every time I go to the store, they are front and center and SO gorgeous…I can’t help myself. Ever since peaches came into season, they’ve been so juicy and flavorful – it’s been one delicious mess eating them.
It’s too funny watching my little guy devour peaches too. He likes the taste of them but he doesn’t like being dirty very much. So he would take a few juicy bites, and rush to the sink to rise off, take a few more bites, and run to the sink…too cute! I just stand over the sink because there is really no way to stay clean, but they are so tasty! You know what they say, “you gotta eat peaches at 30-degree angle!”
WalMart’s been having some great peaches and cherries lately! They always carry fresh, farmer picked produce with a 100% money back guarantee. So when I haven’t gotten a chance to go to farmer’s market, I can trust that I can get some nice produce there.
Like I said, I’ve been getting a little carried away with buying peaches lately. I’ve been adding them everywhere too. Smoothies, milkshakes, infused water, popsicles, salads and baked goods. These cookie bars came out especially good! It’s like a combination of two desserts, a cookie and peach cobbler, in one treat.
Flavor combination of fresh and tangy peach and sweet cookie is simply perfect!
Did you know that you could save the recipes to your personal recipe box with the Once you have your favorite recipes in your Recipe Box create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List! Don’t forget to check deals and coupons!
Peach Crumble Cookie Bars
- Cookie Layer:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Peach Layer:
- 2 large peaches
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Crumble Layer:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp white granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup flour
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease an 8x8 baking dish.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer (or using a hand held mixer), cream together butter and sugar for a couple of minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until mixed.
- Lower the speed to low, sift in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix the ingredients on low speed until just combined.
- Spread cookie batter in the baking dish, evenly.
- Pit and chop peaches into about 1/4 inch chunks. In a mixing bowl, carefully mix peaches, flour and sugar just until peaches are coated. Don't mash the peaches!
- Spread peaches over the cookie batter, evenly.
- In a mixing bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, brown and white sugar until evenly incorporated. Pour in melted butter and mix it with a fork, forming coarse crumbles.
- Spread crumble all over peaches, evenly.
- Bake for 37-40 minutes.
- Let it cool completely before cutting.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!