These are soft and chewy oatmeal cookies that are made with honey and hazelnuts.
I’m sure that you’ve noticed by now that I post quite a few recipes that have something to do with oatmeal cookies. The explanation for it is very simple….we looove oatmeal cookies! They are little man’s and big man’s favorite. Although, the little man won’t say no to any cookie.
I got some nice hazelnuts a while ago and I needed to find more uses for it. I know we can just eat them but where is the fun?! These oatmeal cookies are definitely fun and delicious.
I have to let you in on a secret. I made these cookies a few months ago. I was all ready to share them with you when I lost the recipe. See, I have a notepad in my kitchen where I jot down the recipes as I cook so that I don’t forget. Sometimes, this notepad disappears due to someone wanting to draw. (Like he doesn’t have enough of his own paper, hehe.) Well, when the pad disappears, I use scraps of paper to write it down and then put it in the notepad when I find it. I guess, I forgot to put it away and lost the piece of paper with this recipe. I was sure that it was gone forever…until a few days ago, when I found it!!! It was in my planner!
Well, I got it now and sharing it with you!
Honey Hazelnut Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup of unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup of "ground" hazelnuts Grind them in the food processor, as finely as possible
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups of old fashion oats
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 and lightly grease a whoopie pie baking pan. Using a whoopie pie pan will get the cookies even and round. You can use a regular cookie sheet if you don't have one.
- **Tip: take the eggs and butter out of the fridge about 30-45 minutes before starting to bake so that they get to room temperature on the counter.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, add butter and sugar. Mix on medium-low until light and creamy, it will take about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Add the honey and vanilla, mix until combined.
- Add the ground hazelnuts, flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add the oats and chopped hazelnuts. Mix until evenly incorporated.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of batter into the whoopie pie pan cups (or onto a cookie pan.) Bake for about 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
Don’t miss any new posts and recipes from me, subscribe to E-MAIL! Just enter your email in the side bar, you will receive an email for confirmation. Confirm and you are all subscribed! HUGS!