Fantastic, soft Spiced Eggnog Cookies topped with Eggnog Glaze. These cookies are perfect to share with family on holidays or leave out for Santa.
Did you know that National Cookie Day was this week? I hope that you did and made lots of cookies. I sure did. Actually, I made quite a few batches trying to figure out the best cookie to prepare for this exchange. It was a toss up between Peppermint Russian Tea Cakes and these Spiced Eggnog Cookies. After tasting them side by side, these cookies won by far. Russian Tea Cakes (or Snowballs, or Mexican Wedding Cakes, however you wish to call them) are always great and a classic, but in flavor, they just don’t stand up to these soft eggnog cookies. Plus, I’m a sucker for a soft cookie and tea cakes are crunchy.
Don’t worry, I still hope to post Peppermint Russian Tea Cakes. Leave me a comment if you really want to see them too.
Today, you actually get a lot more than just my cookies. We are actually having an awesome Virtual Christmas Cookie Exchange with a bunch of talented food bloggers. You know what’s great about a virtual cookie exchange? For one, I get to eat all these delicious eggnog cookie that I made. For two, I get a lot of spectacular recipes for making a lot more cookies. And, of course, you get all these great recipes so you can bake and eat cookies until you burst at the seams!
I also want to mention a great charity that I hope you’ll check out. It’s Santa’s Milk Drive and they are part of the Great American Milk Drive. They urge people to donate more milk to local food banks. Food banks are in need of milk and the best part is that you can donate right on your computer. It’s very simple and a big plus is when you go to the site to donate, you simply type in your zip code and the donation and the milk will be distributed to a food bank in your local area. You know you will be supporting your own community.
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes, subscribe to e-mail or follow me through my social media channels!
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Spiced Eggnog Cookies with Eggnog Glaze
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 tsp rum extract
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg preferable freshly grated
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 1 3/4 cup powder sugar
- 1 tsp rum extract
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars for a couple of minutes.
- Add egg, eggnog and rum extract, beat until mixed. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Sift in flour, nutmeg, allspice, ground cloves, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix the ingredients on low speed until just combined. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl and mix just a few times.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop out cookie dough onto the parchment paper using a standard cookie scoop, placing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- In a small sauce pot, over medium heat, heat up eggnog.
- Add powder sugar, rum extract, nutmeg and allspice. Whisk until all smooth and heated through. Let it cool just a little but not too much or it will start to harden.
- Spoon some glaze over cookies.
- Grate a little more nutmeg on top. (Optional.)
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Here Are All The Awesome Cookies!
Caramel Filled Chewy Ginger Cookies from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
Italian Anisette Cookies from A Family Feast
Cranberry Orange Nut Cookies from Apron Strings
Orange Cranberry White Chocolate Stuffed Cookies from Barbara Bakes
Soft Pumpkin Cookies + Pumpkin Spice Kisses from Bless this Mess
Soft Maple Sugar Cookies from Crumbs and Chaos
Graham Cracker Log from Hoosier Homemade
Rugelach Bars from Let’s Dish
Pepper Jelly Cornmeal Thumbprints from Letty’s Kitchen
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies from Love from the Oven
Linzer Cookies from Mandy’s Recipe Box
Surprise-inside Christmas Stocking from Munchkin Munchies
Chocolate M&M Cookies from Oh, Sweet Basil
White Chocolate Pecan Snowball Cookies from Rose Bakes
Chocolate Toffee Cranberry Cookies from Taste and Tell
White Chocolate Cherry Almond Bars from Your Homebased Mom
Spiced Eggnog Cookies from Will Cook for Smiles