Decadent Chocolate Truffles made with espresso flavors and coated with sweetened cocoa powder.
Did you have enough chocolate yet?
I know, me either. I think it’s impossible to have enough chocolate. Although, it seems like I’ve been making nothing but chocolate treats lately. I hope you will like just one more recipe. (Or may be two.)
Can I just vent about how much I hate Black Friday for a minute?! Personally, I avoid stores on Black Fridays like the plague because it’s madness inside and out. I live right across the street from a major mall and Best Buy. To top it off, I live directly behind three big shopping plazas. Normally, it’s great to have it all right around me but on Black Friday, it’s hell. I can’t even drive anywhere because of the traffic.
So we stay home and my sister, little man and I decorate the tree and bake. That is exactly what we were doing this year but I needed to run out to the store for some chocolate. We really wanted to make these chocolate truffles and I didn’t have enough baking chocolate. Off we went. It was a mess and took us nearly two hours to pick up chocolate. Finally, we got back home and started on the truffles. OF COURSE, this had to be the time when I messed up the recipe…oh joy! Back to the store we went. You would think that all the Black Friday madness would slow down by mid afternoon, but noooo, it got worse! Another hour and a half to get more chocolate. Finally, we got home and truffles were a success!
You what what? These Espresso Chocolate Truffles were so worth the trouble!
Espresso Chocolate Truffles
- 12 oz semi sweet baking chocolate I prefer Ghirardelli
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder warmed up
- 2 Tbsp coffee or espresso liqueur
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder + 1 Tbsp powder sugar for rolling
- Break up baking chocolate in small pieces, as small as you can get them, and place in large mixing bowl. Add brown sugar to the bowl as well.
- Heat up heavy cream until nearly boiling (but don't let it boil).
- Mix espresso powder and coffee liqueur into heavy cream until all combined and carefully pour it in the bowl with chocolate. Slowly whisk chocolate until all melted and smooth.
- Set the bowl aside to set, away from any heat, for about an hour.
- Scoop out about 1/2 inch balls with a spoon and lay them out on parchment paper covered board. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Roll truffle balls with your hands to make them evenly round.
- Sift cocoa powder and powder sugar together until all combined.
- Roll truffles in cocoa powder and serve.
- Keep refrigerated when not in use.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Chocolate Treats From Me: