Beautiful, bright cheesecake packed with sweet orange flavors. This Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake is made with fresh orange flavors throughout, topped with orange whipped cream, orange glaze, and candied orange peels.
I found something exciting on my computer this week!
I was looking through some pictures on my old computer that I haven’t used in months and I discovered a file that I completely forgot about. Last spring, I started working on a small cheesecake cookbook that I was going to make digitally available on my site. I got 5-6 recipes in the spring but then, life got busy.
Summers are crazy for me, between my little man being off from school and keeping my readers happy with new recipes, I was only able to get a handful of extra recipes for the book before completely forgetting about it. Yes, I’m ashamed to say that I completely put that project on the back burner and forgot about it.
Once in a while, I’d still remember quickly but it would the holidays or something else going on, and I’d set it aside yet again.
Well, I found my files of the few recipes I was able to get done and I remembered about this fabulous Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake. It was so bright, sunny, and perfect for spring and summer holidays that I just had to share it with you guys as soon as possible.
This cheesecake really is special. It’s made with fresh orange flavors through and through, which makes these flavors shine. Deriving flavors from fresh fruit vs an extract makes a big difference and makes the cake perfect for this time of year.
Don’t be scared by all the layers this cheesecake has, all of them are really easy to make. (You can always take a shortcut with the whipped cream and use a whipped topping instead of making your own whipped cream.)
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Some More Cheesecake Recipes From Me:
Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 5 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 8- oz cream cheese packs
- 2/3 cup of white granulated sugar
- ¾ cup of heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- Zest from 2 medium oranges
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 2 Tbsp white granulated sugar
- Orange Glaze:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp oange zest
- 1 Tbsp heavy whipping cream warm
- 1 Tbsp fresh orange juice warm
- Candied Orange Peels:
- 2 medium oranges
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tbs of extra fine sugar for coating
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and grease a 9 inch springform pan. You will need a large roasting pan that’s bigger and longer than the springform pan. (I use the aluminum foil disposable ones). If you are not sure about your springform holding up in water, you can wrap the outside of the springform pan in heavy duty aluminum foil from bottom up to the sides. I recommend wrapping the outside of the springform in foil before adding the crust and cheesecake batter.)
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter and vanilla. Stir very well, until all incorporated. Press graham cracker mixture into the pan, evenly, all over the bottom and about half way up the side.
- Start beating cream cheese and sugar on medium high speed until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract, and sour cream. Mix until combined.
- Add eggs, one at the time, beating after each addition. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl and beat until all incorporated.
- Mix in orange juice and orange zest.
- Stir in corn starch and with mixer on low speed, add in heavy cream. Mix until all combined, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix again.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the springform with crust.
- Place roasting pan into the oven and place cheesecake springform pan inside the roasting pan. Carefully add water to the roasting pan, about half way up the side of the springform.
- Bake for 70-75 minutes. Turn off the oven and open the oven door half way. Let cheesecake rest for about 10 minutes and take it out of the oven (out of the roasting pan and carefully take off the foil).
- Let it rest for 10 minutes on the counter and then gently run a greased butter knife between sides of the cheesecakes and the springform to carefully separate it. (You don't actually have to take the cheesecake out of the pan until ready to frost.)
- Cool cheesecake for an hour and then place it in the refrigerator. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before adding the whipped cream.
- Candied Orange Peels:
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the skin off the oranges, trying not to get the white part. Slice the peels into thinner strips.
- Add the peels into the small pot and cover it with water. Bring it to boil and boil for about 30 second. Drain the peels and rinse with cold water. Repeat two more times.
- Combine 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar in a small pot. Heat up on medium heat and stir until the sugar is melted. Add the peels and bring the water to boil. Lower the heat to low and cook for about an hour.
- ** You can, strain off the orange simple syrup into a container and save it.**
- Toss the peels in extra fine sugar and lay them out to dry.
- Orange Whipped Cream:
- Add the cold heavy whipping cream into the cold mixing bowl. Starting at low speed, start whisking, gradually raise to speed to high. Slowly pour in the sugar and then add orange zest. Beat until stiff peaks appear (don't walk away far). Keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Once the cheesecake is cool enough to be frosted, frost it evenly with orange whipped cream.
- Orange Glaze:
- Add powdered sugar into a shallow bowl, whisk in warm heavy whipping cream and warm orange juice. Whisk in orange zest. Whisk until glaze is smooth and drizzle glaze over the frosted cheesecake.
- Decorate with orange peels and you're ready to serve!