Wonderful treats to make for the upcoming sunny spring days. These easy little lemon cheesecake hand pies are made with puff pastry, filled with a cheesecake mixture and lemon curd, and topped with a sweet glaze.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Are you feeling the spring in the air yet?
Not that we ever got a winter here, in FL, but spring is in the air. More specifically, pollen is in the air…and all over my car, and all over the backyard, and all over the outside furniture. Pollen is pretty much taking over everything and making people miserable. Although, it does mean that spring is here. Besides the drop to 65 degrees this one day, Sunday, it’s been nice mid 70s and 80s.
Even though I do miss the winter, especially since I didn’t even get to wear any of my boots or sweaters this year, it’s nice to see spring again. Spring in FL is actually beautiful. We are starting to go to the beach again, I’m starting to grill again, and I’m getting into a spring cooking mood.
I can’t wait to go to the farmer’s market next week to see if there are any blueberries available. There is a lady at my farmer’s market who has THE BEST blueberries and this is just about time when her blueberries are ready. I can’t wait and I can’t wait to make some delicious blueberry recipes to share.
For now, I am sticking to lemony goodies in baking and cooking, just like these easy lemon cheesecake hand pies. They are heavenly, sweet and fast to make. It’s a great combination in a breakfast/snack treat. Your family will very much enjoy them on a sunny Saturday morning.
DON’T MISS THE QUICK DEMO VIDEO!
Lemon Cheesecake Hand Pies
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 5 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz lemon curd
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- Little bit of water in a small bowl
- 1 egg
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and heavy whipping cream. Beat the mixture until smooth and fluffed.
- Set up a small bowl of water and whisk an egg in another small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 and line a large cookie baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold defrosted pastry sheets. Cut each pastry on along the fold line and then across, right in the middle. You will create 6 equal rectangles out of each pastry sheet (12 total).
- In the middle of 6 rectangles, spread about a tablespoon and a half of cream cheese mixture, leaving about 1/4 inch around the edges to seal the pastry.
- Spread about a tablespoon of lemon curd over the cream cheese mixture.
- Dip your fingertips in water and run them along all of the pastry edges. (All 12.)
- Cover the pastry rectangle that has the filling with a pastry rectangle that does not. Gently press on the edges to help seal them.
- Using a fork, press along the edges of all 6 pastries. Use the fork to poke the middle of the top pastry a couple of times.
- Brush each pastry with the egg all over the top.
Bake for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown. Take out and let it cool a bit before adding glaze.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk powdered sugar with heavy cream until smooth. Whisk in lemon zest. Transfer the glaze into a piping bag (of just a zip lock bag), snip off a little tip and drizzle each pastry with glaze.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!