Easy cookie truffles packed with bursting flavors of lemon and coconut. These truffles are made with lemon Oreo cookies, lemon zest, coconut, and then covered in white chocolate coating.
EASY COOKIE TRUFFLES
How great are truffles?
Truffles really do make the best dessert. I love them because this one-bite dessert is great for entertaining and it’s great to just keep on hand for the times when you want just a little bite of something sweet. This small portion sweet treat is perfect to satisfy everyone’s sugar craving.
It’s fun to make truffles for any occasion and any holiday. Out of all the different kinds of truffles I make, like fudge truffles and brownie truffles, cookie truffles are my favorite. I’m a total sucker for cookies and making them into truffles by combining them with other flavors and cream cheese makes them SO much better. Oh, and the chocolate coating, that’s just the “cherry on top.”
A few years ago, I made some Easter Marshmallow Truffles with marshmallow Oreo cookies and this year, I decided to make another spring themed cookie truffle treat using lemon Oreo cookies this time.
I have several readers who’ve commented that they like a really sharp citrus flavor and asked how they can achieve that in lemon and lime desserts. So I’ve decided to enhance the lemon flavor in these truffles and added lemon zest from 1 large lemon in addition to the lemon flavored cookies. That made this dessert burst with lemon flavor and the sweetness compensated for any sourness. It’s a bright and sunny combination of sweet and sour that is truly satisfying.
Lemon Oreo Coconut Cookie Truffles
- 20 oz pack lemon Oreo cookies
- 1 lemon - zest
- 1 cup coconut finely chopped
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup coconut finely chopped
- 12 oz white chocolate melting wafers
- (You can save a little bit of Oreo cookie crumble to use it on top of truffles, or you can use a different cookie, like vanilla wafers, for the crumble topping.)
- Pulse the Oreo cookies in a blender or food processor until it's mostly crumbs. Add lemon zest and 1 cup coconut flakes to the blender. Pulse until all mixed and cookies are just crumbs.
- Transfer Oreo crumb mixture into a mixing bowl and add cream cheese. Using a spatula, mix crumbs and cream cheese very well.
- Add 1/2 cup coconut flakes and fold them in until combined.
- Using a standard cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and roll it into balls. Place them on a large parchment paper covered cutting board.
- Put them in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate melts in the double boiler until completely melted. (If you don't use a double boiler, you can use a microwave. Remember to melt them on half power if using a microwave.)
- Dip the frozen cookie dough balls into melted chocolate coating, roll them around using a fork, and shake off excess chocolate. Place them back onto the parchment paper to solidify.
- Optional: decorate the cookies with cookie crumbs if you wish. If using the crumb topping, add it right after you coat the cookie ball into chocolate.
- Keep truffles covered, in the refrigerator.
- **The amount of truffles depends on the size of the scoop you use. You may choose to make smaller truffles and use a smaller scoop to get more truffles.**
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Recipes From Me: