Juicy, flavorful chicken drumsticks made with coconut milk, fresh lime juice, cilantro, and chili powder. Great flavor combination with a touch of sweetness.
Simple and beautiful chicken dinner that you will LOVE!
Ah chicken, everyone’s go-to protein for dinner and our favorite. We love chicken around here and we love drumsticks. I’m actually a much bigger fan of dark meat than white meat on chicken. It’s so much juicier and more flavorful than chicken breast. Oh, and chicken skin is fantastic when it’s nice and crispy.
We loved this coconut milk marinade, it’s so tasty. It’s the coconut flavor combined with fresh lime and a bit of sweetness that goes so well with the drumsticks. These chicken drumsticks can be marinated for 15 minutes or even for a few hours. You can prep the chicken with the marinade, cover it, and refrigerate until ready to bake for dinner.
You can also throw in some small yellow potatoes right in the skillet with drumsticks. Another option could be to throw in some veggies about halfway through the baking time when flipping the chicken. Consider using veggies like cauliflower, green beans, asparagus, and/or carrots. If you want to go another route, rice would make a nice side dish. Rice would need to be prepared separately.
It’s easy to KEEP UP with NEW recipes through my social media channels:
Coconut Lime Chicken Drumsticks
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 7 oz coconut milk *
- 1 medium lime - juice and zest
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp minced cilantro
- 1/2-1 tsp chili powder
- *use the Thai coconut milk kind not the sweet cocktail one
- Combine coconut milk, juice from the lime, sugar, cilantro, chili powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl and whisk together. Add chicken drumsticks to the mixture and marinade for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Make sure that the cast iron skillet is well seasoned. (You can also use another oven-safe cooking pan.)
- Place drumsticks in the skillet and pour coconut milk mixture over them.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, turning drumsticks half way though. (Cook time will depend on the thickness of your drumsticks.)
More Delicious Chicken Recipes From Me:
Balsamic Chicken Thighs and Potatoes
Leave a Reply