Luscious Lemon Oreo Cheesecake made with Lemon Oreo cookies, fresh lemon flavored cheesecake filling, smooth whipped cream and more cookies on top.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Feel free to drool. I know I do every time I open my fridge and see this cheesecake. If it was up to me, I’d be eating it for breakfast, lunch and dinner…may be some snacking in between. But noooo, I have to share. (She said mockingly.)
This sunny cheesecake will make every member of your family happy. It’s a perfect dessert for all cheesecake and lemon lovers. Best part is, at least I think it’s the best part, the lemon flavor here is not extreme or overpowering. It’s a very gentle lemon essence in the smooth, creamy cheesecake, coupled with a mild lemon flavor in the Oreo cookie.
For those of you that like to have a strong lemon flavor, I would recommend adding 1 tsp of lemon extract to the cheesecake batter. That is of course, if you like a strong lemon flavor, otherwise, stick to the recommended ingredients here. It all works very well with the overall flavor of this desserts. It’s an elegant, gentle, and just heavenly cheesecake.
If lemon flavored golden Oreo cookies are not available to you, don’t fret, you can use regular Golden Oreo cookies and enhance the lemon flavor with lemon extract. Add 1/2 tsp of lemon extract to the crust and 1/2 tsp of lemon extract to the cheesecake batter (in addition to lemon zest).
If lemon extract is not available, you can add zest from 1/2 lemon to the crust and add zest from 1 1/2 lemons to the cheesecake batter.
Lemon Oreo Cheesecake
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 Tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 14-15 Lemon Oreos whole
- 3 8 oz packs of cream cheese softened
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- Zest from 1 large lemon
- About 6 oz whipped cream topping like Cool Whip
- Remaining half of the Lemon Oreo cookies chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325 and grease a 9 inch spring form. You will need a large roasting pan (one that’s bigger and longer than the spring form. I use the aluminum foil disposable ones.)
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, vanilla extract and brown sugar. Mix very well.
- Spread crumb mixture in the bottom on the spring form, evenly, pressing it over the bottom and half way up the sides.
- Lay out whole Oreo cookies on the bottom, evenly. Set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth and fluffy. Scrape sides and bottom on the bowl and beat for another minute.
- Add corn starch and sugar and mix until combined.
- Beat in egg until well incorporated.
- Add sour cream, vanilla extract, and heavy cream and beat until all mixed very well.
- Zest in lemon and mix with a spatula until incorporated throughout.
- Transfer batter into the spring form and spread it evenly. Very gently, tap it in the counter to make sure the batter settles around the cookies on the bottom. (If you are not sure about your springform holding up in water, you can wrap the springform in heavy duty aluminum foil from bottom up to the sides.)
- Place roasting pan into the oven and place cheesecake springform inside the roasting pan. Carefully add water to the roasting pan, about half way up the side of the spring form.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes. Turn off the oven and open the oven door half way. Let cheesecake rest for about 5 minutes and take it out of the oven. (Take it out of the roasting pan and take off the foil. Be careful, there will be some hot water in the foil.)
- Let it rest for 15 minutes on the counter and then gently run a butter knife between sides of the cheesecakes and the springform to carefully separate it.
- Cool completely and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours.
- Once cold, top off with whipped cream topping, evenly.
- Chop remaining half the package of Oreo cookies and spread them over the top of the cheesecake.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Lemon Crumb Cake from Shugary Sweets
Best Lemon Bars from Your Homebased Mom
Lemon French Macarons from Sweet & Savory by Shinee
Copycat Starbucks Lemon Loaf by Creole Contessa
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More dessert Recipes From Me: