Eggnog favors and white chocolate go so perfect together. These are scrumptious soft muffins that are full of eggnog flavors and a touch of white chocolate.
*Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine. #plantprotein *
‘Tis the season to be baking! Seriously, I do nothing but bake all December and it seems like everyone else does too. There are more cookies made this month, than the rest of the year combined. That’s not even counting all the other great treats that come out of the kitchen. This week alone, I had to bring a huge tray of goodies to my son’s school because we just can’t eat it all. (I was experimenting with cookies for Friday’s post and changed my mind about 2 of the kinds I made. So there was a lot of cookies here!) I did not have that problem with these muffins. Made them in the morning, half were gone by the afternoon. The rest were gone the next day. I’m so happy about the way these muffins turned out! They are so soft and have so much of the great eggnog flavor it them. White chocolate only enhances flavors of eggnog and nutmeg. Deliciousness!
I’m sure you’ve noticed that I made these Eggnog Muffins with Silk Holiday Nog. You already know that I’m a fan of Silk almond milk and coconut milk, naturally I had to try this creation. Let me tell you…it’s so yummy!! I’m not a huge fan of soy milk taste but I love this holiday nog. (I already made myself a Spiked Hot Nog and it was the bomb!) As always, all Silk products are dairy-free and gluten-free. (You can read up on the benefits of plant-based diet on their site!) **Note: In the recipe, I did include a tip on adjusting this recipe if using regular eggnog.**
White Chocolate Chip Eggnog Muffins
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg (+more for sprinkling on top)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup of Silk Holiday Nog
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp rum extract
- ¾ cup of white chocolate chip
- Preheat the oven to 400 and grease a muffin baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk egg, sugar, rum extract, oil and Silk.
- Sift in flour, nutmeg, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk together just until all combined and smooth.
- Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin pan cups ¾ full of batter. Grate a little more nutmeg on top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- **Tip: You can use regular eggnog but change flour amount to 2 cups since eggnog is thinner than Silk holiday nog.**
Recipe from Lyuba at willcookforsmiles.com. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Delicious Treats From Me:
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.