Blue cheese chips are made with easy cheese fondue, blue cheese crumbs and green onion. It’s one of my favorite appetizers to serve at gatherings of just because. Careful, they tend to disappear very fast!
I’ve already shared some of my favorite copycat recipes from a restaurant I used to work in. Today, I want to share an appetizer that everyone absolutely loved, employees and guests alike. Blue Cheese Chips were among the most popular appetizers. I loved them but they were such a guilty pleasure.
Bad part about working in the restaurant is knowing exactly how things are made and exactly what goes into the meal. That’s why I said that those chips were a guilty pleasure. One serving had enough calories to fill your daily requirement, the fondue came from a bag and the chips were fried.
This Blue Cheese Chips appetizer, that I make, is inspired by the ones at the restaurant but in no way is it guilty. It only has four ingredients in the fondue and the chips are made with real, natural ingredients. I use The Real Kettle Chips which are all-natural, hand-cooked potato chips and made from unpeeled potatoes in small batches for a superior taste.
Blue Cheese Chips
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 oz sharp white cheddar block, not shredded
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbs
- 8.5 oz wavy kettle chips no flavor or salt/pepper flavor
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tbs blue cheese crumbs for topping
- To make fondue: Combine stock and heavy cream in a small sauce pot and set the heat to medium. Grate the cheese into the warm liquids. Add the blue cheese crumbs and stir. Bring the cheese mixture to low boil, stirring often. Take off heat.
- Spread half Kettle chips over an oven safe serving tray. Slowly pour part of the fondue evenly over the chips.
- Cover with the remaining chips and pour more fondue over the top. Sprinkle with the blue cheese chips.
- Preheat the broil and move the oven rack to the medium spot. Set the chips on the rack under the broil until the blue cheese crumbs are melted.*Be careful and keep your eye on it.* Check every 30 seconds.
- Once the cheese is melted, take them out. Sprinkle with green onions and serve.