Soft, moist, sweet and salty bacon brownies that will make any dad’s dreams come true. These gooey brownies are loaded with crispy bacon and crunchy pretzel bits.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Dads around the world, rejoice! I’ve got some fantastic brownies that you can’t resist.
Okay, may be not “around the world,” but there are lots and lots of dads who will be thrilled to see these brownies coming out of the oven. And, why wouldn’t they? These bacon brownies are made from the heart….and loaded with bacon and salted pretzels.
If you dad, your husband, or any special man in you life is anything like my husband, he will be drooling just at a thought of these sweet and salty chocolate treats. You should have seen my husband’s eyes light up when he asked me about what I was making and I explained the “dad’s brownies” to him. “Bacon and pretzels in brownies? Awesome!”
I realize that there are still some people who can’t bring themselves to try bacon in desserts. To be honest, I turned my nose on it the first time I’ve heard of covering bacon in chocolate. Bacon and sweet dessert? It seemed like madness.
But, just like any food innovation, it became a food crazy and for a very good reason. It totally works! Bacon in sweet treats is absolutely delicious. The combination of sweet and salty is always satisfying to our taste buds and if you are a fan of bacon, you will be altogether satisfied.
Dad's Brownies aka Pretzel Bacon Brownies
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 7 oz baking chocolate finely chopped (semi-sweet is what I use)
- 3 Tbsp bacon grease
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- About 4 crispy cooked bacon strips to mix into the batter
- 4-5 crispy cooked bacon strips for topping
- 3/4 cup broken pretzels to mix into the batter
- About 1 cup broken pretzels for topping
- Note: these brownies can be made in a 9x9 baking dish or in a 9x13 baking dish. Remember to adjust baking time and amount of topping accordingly. For 9x13 dish, it will take 30-35 minutes. For 9x9 dish, it will take 35-40 minutes.
- **Cook bacon first and save some grease from cooking it.**
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking dish with aluminum foil. Press the aluminum foil flush with the baking dish. Lightly grease the foil.
- In a medium sauce pan, start melting butter over medium heat and add bacon grease. Add chopped baking chocolate and start stirring slowly. Keep stirring and heating until chocolate is melted. Take off heat. Let the mixture cool a bit.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and both sugars.
- Start pouring in chocolate mixture into the mixing bowl, while stirring. Mix until all incorporated.
- Add flour and baking powder. Mix until all evenly combined.
- Fold in 4 crumbled bacon strips and 3/4 cup broken pretzels into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Spread evenly.
- Top off with some more crumbled crispy bacon strips and broken pretzel pieces.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes (depending on the size of baking dish you're using).
- Take out of the oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Dessert Recipes: