Comforting, soft and delightful Sweet Berry Bread made with strawberries, blueberries and coconut milk.
Are you starting to plan your memorial day? I’m sure you are dusting off your grills and stocking up on meat, veggies and salads. How about desserts?
I have a sweet idea here that will make a great addition to any picnic or backyard barbeque, whether it’s for Memorial Day or not. So when you are firing up those grills and filling up on burgers and potato salad, don’t forget to save room for this delicious berry filled bread!
I really enjoyed baking with Silk Coconut Milk last time, when I made my Lemon Coconut Pound Cake Muffins. They turned out amazing, very soft and moist, so I decided to whip up another baked goodie using coconut milk.
I really enjoy Silk products, like almond milk and coconut milk, for myself. Even thought I don’t have lactose issues, luckily, I enjoy a glass of coconut milk with chocolate chip cookies or almond milk in my cereal. As I mentioned several times before, I really like baking with Silk products as well.
Guess what else I will be trying soon? I will be playing around with making popsicles using coconut milk. I have this big idea in my head, so wish me luck and stay tuned! If the recipe is successful, I will share it right away.
Sweet Berry Bread Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup plain vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease an 8x4 inch bread pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut milk, yogurt and vegetable oil until smooth and all combined.
- Whisk in brown sugar.
- Sift in flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Whisk until all just combined.
- Fold in blueberries and chopped strawberries.
- Transfer the dough into the bread pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes (until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.)