Amazing creamy steak enchiladas dinner will make a perfect weekend dinner in about 40 minutes. Steak Enchiladas made with thinly sliced steak, sauteed with onions and peppers, and topped with delicious jalapeno cilantro cream sauce and lots of cheese!
I LOVE Enchiladas. There is something about juicy meat and cheese wrapped in a tortilla and baked with sauce and more cheese!! I make my Chicken Enchiladas all the time but I wanted to make something different with them last time.
I was thinking beef, using ground beef, at first but then I saw this perfect looking steak at the store and it called for me. You know that when ingredients call for you…you listen!
It was right! It wanted to be in my enchiladas and it turned out amazing.
This Jalapeno Cilantro Cream Sauce is wonderful too. It would go very well with other dishes too. First of all, it would be great with some white chicken enchiladas. Second, it would be nice over grilled chicken breast and even pasta.
SOME MORE ENCHILADA RECIPES TO TRY:
Easy Beef Enchiladas from Recipe Girl
Avocado Chicken Enchiladas from Six Sister’s Stuff
Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas from Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice
Butternut Squash Black Bean Enchiladas from Ambitious Kitchen
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Steak Enchiladas with Jalapeño Cilantro Cream Sauce
- 1.25 lb eye of round steak
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 small yellow onion
- Salt white pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 jalapenos seeded and minced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1/3 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- salt white pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp minced cilantro
- 7-8 flour tortillas
- 4 oz Monterrey Jack cheese shredded
- More cheese for topping Optional
- Cilantro for topping Optional
- Jalapeno for topping Optional
- In a small sauce pot, heat up oil over medium heat and saute minced jalapeno and garlic until fragrant. Add heavy cream and sour cream and whisk until all smooth. Bring to a low boil and add cheese, salt, white pepper, chili powder and cumin. Stir well and cook for a couple of minutes. Stir in cilantro and take off heat.
- Slice steaks as thin as you can. Slice onions and bell pepper thin too.
- In a medium cooking pan, heat up some oil and add steak onion and peppers. Season with salt, white pepper and cumin. Cook until steak is done.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread some sauce over the bottom of a baking dish (9x13 casserole dish or any large enough to hold 7-8 enchiladas).
- Spread some shredded cheese on one side of tortilla and spread some steak mixture over cheese. Roll tortilla and place it in the baking dish, seam down. Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese and steak.
- Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas and top off with some shredded cheese.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes.
- Top off with some more cilantro and jalapenos if you wish.