These sheet pan nachos are guaranteed to knock your socks right off. Delicious hot nachos made in a large baking sheet and loaded with enchilada chicken, corn, cheese, and some more sauce drizzled on top.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Every year my husband has to remind me that it’s the football season upon us and I always greet him with a very sarcastic “yay.” Not that I actually mind the football season because he is not a huge football fanatic. He mostly just follows the highlights on his team and I am very happy about that. I don’t think I’d be able to handle September and October if he was just as big of a football fan as he is a baseball fan. Spots would be on TV 24/7 and I need my HGTV and Food Network time!
If we talk about football, I’d probably have a deer in a headlights look on my face most of the time. When I was a bartender, my regulars tried to teach me about football but they could only get as far as some basics. There is just TOO many rules, I get lost….or may be, I just don’t care enough.
Now, if we start talking food for football games and tailgating, that is the football topic I like. Appetizers, finger foods, bite-sized snacks and desserts, those are some of my favorite categories.
I know I’ve mentioned it many, many times that I like making a whole meat out of appetizers. If we’re talking nachos, those I regularly make into lunch or dinner. Nachos and I have been best friends lately.
Can’t tell you how often I make myself some nachos for dinner or lunch because I forgot to cook for myself. If you have to eat gluten free like I do, you would understand very well that gluten free lifestyle comes with quite a bit of meal planning and cooking. Unless you just eat simple salads, you have to put a little time into preparing meals. After seeing nutritional information on most GF bread (and having a heart attack), I do not eat GF bread, so no quickie sandwiches.
I do make quickie nachos quite often though. Some baked tortilla chips topped with chicken, veggies, and cheese makes as awesome meal. Delicious sheet pan nachos make an even better snack for watching the game…any game!
Chicken Enchilada Sheet Pan Nachos
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 8 oz. medium enchilada sauce use mild or hot according to personal taste
- ½ tsp chipotle chili powder
- 2 tsp minced cilantro – optional
- 8 oz. tortilla chips
- 8-10 oz. canned sweet corn drain all liquid
- ½ white onion
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 8 oz. Mexican cheese mix
- 1/3 cup leftover sauce from cooking chicken
- 1 ½ tbsp. sour cream
- Slice chicken breasts in half, width-wise, as equally as you can. Preheat a medium cooking pan over medium heat, add a little bit of oil and add chicken breasts.
- Mix enchilada sauce with salt, chipotle chili powder and cilantro. Add sauce to the chicken and cook until chicken is done.
- Take chicken out onto the cutting board. (Save the sauce you cooked chicken in.)
- Preheat the oven to 400 and grease a large sheet pan. (If your sheet pan is a little old, you may want to cover it with aluminum foil for ease of cleaning.)
- Layer tortilla chips in one, even layer all over the sheet pan.
- Dice chicken and spread it over the tortilla chips.
- Spread corn, thinly sliced onions, and diced tomatoes over the chips as well.
- Evenly spread cheese all over the top.
- Mix 1/3 cup of leftover enchilada sauce from cooking the chicken with sour cream and drizzle half the sauce mixture over the cheese.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Take nachos out of the oven and drizzle some more sauce mixture over the top.
- Enjoy right away!
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!