This finger-licking-good dip will have you grabbing a spoon instead of chips. Hot dip made with all the wonderful flavor you get in a Chicken Enchilada Verde. Juicy grilled chicken, tomatillos, green bell peppers, cilantro, and jalapeno, all mixed with cream cheese and lots of Monterrey Jack.
Hot cheesy deliciousness!
Speaking of “finger-licking-good” …
Here is a little tip: DON’T lick your fingers right after mincing jalapenos!
Yes, this tip does come from experience and it was not a pleasant one. You know how sometimes (okay, all the time) you are happily cooking and grooving, everything is smelling delicious, and you are so into it that you’re not even thinking about the consequences of your actions? You’re mincing a big, beautiful jalapeno and adding it to the dish. You go to grab another ingredient and realize that your fingers are still juicy so you lick them….MISTAKE!
Your mouth suddenly burst into flames and you realize just how much of a wuss you are when it comes to spicy stuff. God forbid you have company over and you have to keep your cool instead of running around the kitchen, screaming like a fire alarm. Running to the fridge for milk only to realize you have less than a cup of milk left. Then you have to make a decision, drink the milk to put out the fire or save it for your toddler because it’s almost dinner time?
Fastest decision ever….gulp the milk and drag your butt to the store to get more.
Luckily, this dip is so delicious (and the fire in your mouth will be out by the time it’s done) that it’s worth it!
Enjoy this tasty appetizer with your choice of chips or veggies. Just make sure to wait for it to cool down a bit or you’ll have another fire to deal with!
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Cheese Dip
- 1 rotisserie chicken (weight is about 2 lbs)
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 large jalapeno peppers
- 2 poblano peppers
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 10 oz Enchilada sauce can
- 2 cups Mexican shredded cheese mix
- Preheat a medium cooking pan over medium heat. Add a little bit of oil for cooking the veggies.
- Take the seeds out of all peppers and slice them thinly. Slice onion thinly as well. Add all veggies to the pan and saute until softened and golden brown. Transfer veggies to the slow cooker.
- Take all the meat off chicken, discarding all bones and skin. Mince chicken meat and add it to the slow cooker.
- Add cream cheese, enchilada sauce, cumin, paprika, and salt to the slow cooker as well.
- Cover and cook on high for 30-45 minutes.
- Stir everything together until evenly incorporated. Add Mexican cheese mix and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for about 2 hours.