Green Goddess Dressing is one of the best dressings ever, especially in the heat of the summer! It’s a creamy, tangy dressing with bright, fresh flavors that elevates even the most simple salad. Make sure to gather as many fresh herbs as you can, because this dressing highlights the natural flavors and aromas of a beautiful herb variety.
Green Goddess Dressing
This Green Goddess Dressing is more flavorful and bright than any other one I’ve tried! Fresh aromatic herbs like parsley, dill weed, cilantro, and more add an incredible amount of herbaceous flavor to this signature salad dressing. If you have an herb garden in your backyard, this dressing is perfect for you!
Even if you don’t have an herb garden at your disposal, you can certainly make do here with fresh herbs from your local grocery store or farmer’s market. The key to a great Green Goddess Dressing is to use the fresh, aromatic herbs, garlic, and lemon. That way, your dressing will enhance whatever you choose to serve it with in the most boldly flavored, aromatic, and fresh way.
Besides the herbs, there are plenty of other ingredients in this dressing that help create the signature flavor palate. Some of the most notable ones include (but are certainly not limited to) lemon juice and zest, scallions, garlic, and olive oil. The base of the dressing is deliciously smooth and creamy from the mayonnaise and sour cream, which combine to create the best consistency. Made in just a matter of minutes, you’re going to love this supremely smooth, fresh, and vibrant Green Goddess Dressing!
How to Make Green Goddess Dressing
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Mayonnaise – For the creamiest consistency, try to use a full fat mayonnaise as opposed to low fat. However, low fat will also get the job done if preferred.
- Sour Cream – Similarly to the mayonnaise, the sour cream is best if full fat is used. If you wish, you can substitute plain Green yogurt.
- Lemon – You’ll need the juice and zest of one lemon. Make sure to use fresh not bottled!
- Oil – You can use either olive or avocado oil.
- Fresh Herbs – You’ll need a medley of the following fresh herbs: parsley, dill weed, cilantro, basil, tarragon, and mint combine together to create a seriously flavorful dressing.
- Scallions – Also known as green onions, this ingredient adds a delightful onion taste to the flavor palate.
- Garlic – For the best flavor, always use fresh garlic. Try not to add too many cloves, as garlic is a pretty strong ingredient and can overpower the other flavors.
- Anchovy Paste
- Black Pepper
Combine the ingredients.
Place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Pulse the mixture, being sure to scrape the sides every so often. Pulse and scrape the ingredients until everything is smooth and well blended.
That’s all there is to it! This is a quick and easy to make recipe that’ll really only take a moment out of your day to blend up.
Frequently Asked Questions
Storing the dressing:
Once blended, you can store your homemade dressing in an airtight glass jar or a dressing container. Make sure you keep this creamy dressing in the refrigerator, NOT at room temperature! Properly stored, Green Goddess Dressing should be good for about a week.
When you enjoy your dressing, be sure to pour it straight from the container, as opposed to using a spoon to scoop it out. If you use a spoon, you may accidentally introduce new bacteria to the dressing that will cause it to spoil at a fast rate. Also, make sure your container is truly airtight to really extend the shelf life of your dressing.
How to Serve Green Goddess Dressing:
Enjoy this dressing with any of your favorite salads! Use kale, arugula, chopped romaine, or any other leafy green as your base of choice. Toss any of your favorite vegetables into the mix, like sliced avocados, chopped cherry tomatoes, or red onions. Green Goddess Dressing really enhances even the most basic of shake and go salads!
One of my absolute favorite ways to serve Green Goddess Dressing is as a dip option on a crudite board! Sugar snap peas, carrots, and cucumbers are all delicious when dipped into this homemade dressing.
Green Goddess Dressing
Green Goddess Dressing
- Blender or a food processor
- lemon press
- Knife and cutting board
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley packed
- 3 tbsp fresh dill weed packed
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro packed
- 4 scallions stalks
- 1/4 cup fresh basil packed
- 3-4 tbsp fresh tarragon packed
- 2-3 tbsp fresh mint packed
- 2 garlic clove
- 2 tsp anchovy paste
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender or a food processor and pulse, scraping the sides when needed, until completely smooth and blended.
- Transfer into the glass jar with a lid or a dressing storage container and refrigerate for 5-7 days.