I have something extra special for you! Something delicious and something gorgeous! The delicious part is the recipe for Pad Thai (Holy, YUM, Batman!) Something gorgeous is a Nambé Giveaway!
I just don’t know where to start. Ok, I’ll start with a giveaway because you guys deserve it! The beautiful folks at Nambé are giving away a brand NEW set of four Nambé CookServ Sauté Pans (8, 10, 12 and 14 inches.) It’s a $650 value! This cook-serve cookware is new to the market and they want to share a set with a lucky winner!
What is CookServ?
· Oven-to-Table done with Style (Gorgeous!)
· High-performance 5-Ply Stainless Steel (Perfect!)
· Continuous basting nubs on all the double-wall lids
· Organic, essential Nambé design shines in the belly shape and curved handles
Don’t you just love this set?!!
I received CookServe pan and immediately had to try it out. Luckily, hubby was off work so I made us dinner. It’s pretty rare that we get to sit down and have dinner as a family, with his crazy work hours. That’s why we take advantage of that when he is home and I try to make it special. I absolutely love that I can make dinner and just pick up the pan and set it in the middle of the table. It’s gorgeous and cooks perfectly! That’s a win/win in my book!
When I worked at the law office, we had a small Thai restaurant next door. They served the most delicious Thai food that I’ve ever tasted. Unfortunately, the location was not good for their business and they had to close. The whole building was very upset. I still think about them when I have a craving for Thai food. Even though I probably won’t be able to re-create their dishes exactly, I still give it pretty darn good shot. I’ve made this Pad Thai a few times over the last year and it’s perfect every time. I just have to share it with you and hope that you will like it just as much.
It might seem like there are a lot of ingredients and the steps are intimidating. Please, don’t be intimidated, it really is easy and takes about 45 minutes. For Tamarind paste, check out your local Asian market or a World Market store (that’s where I got mine.)
Pad Thai (Nambe Giveaway)
- For Chicken:
- 1.5 - 2 lbs of chicken thighs cubed
- 3 tbs cornstarch
- 6 tbs soy sauce
- For Sauce:
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs dark soy sauce
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 3 tbs tamarind paste
- 1 1/2 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs Rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup stock
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp chili paste or 1 tsp minced dry chili peppers (or amount taste)
- Pad Thai:
- 8 oz rice noodles
- 3-4 tbs peanut oil
- 1 tbs fresh grated ginger root
- 4 large cloves of garlic
- 1 large shallot
- 1 large carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 4 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce and cornstarch for marinade. Add chopped chicken thighs, mix well and set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep your ingredients. Slice the mushrooms, shallot and carrots. Grate ginger and garlic. Mix sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Preheat a large pan on medium heat, until fully hot.
- Add the peanut oil and swirl. Add the shallot, ginger and garlic. Saute until fragrant.
- Add chicken (with marinade), mushrooms and carrots. Stir well and add the stock. Cover and cook, stirring often, until the chicken is done. (you can add more stock if you feel needed)
- While chicken is cooking, bring a pot of water to boil. Take off heat and add the rice noodles. Stir well and cover (do not bring it back to the stove.) Let the noodles soften for about 10-12 minutes. Drain well and add to the chicken.
- Stir well. Add the sauce and stir well again.
- Cook for a couple of minutes and then add the bean sprouts, peanuts and green onion. Stir well and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Here is the entry form for the wonderful Nambé CookServ Sauté Pans:
I have a couple more Thai recipe for you:
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to emails of follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest| so you don’t miss any more recipes!
PLEASE NOTE: I switched the email delivery system! The switch happened in the middle of March. If you subscribed before then, PLEASE re-subscribe in the side bar! HUGS!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful parties in my party tab + Weekend Potluck and Rattlebridge Farm. Swing by and link up your own projects!
Remember to come back and link up to my party on Saturday night!!
*Disclosure: I received a Nambe CookServe pan for a review at no charge. All the opinions are my own!