Khao Pad (Thai Fried Rice)
- 4 tbs of peanut oil
- 2 large shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbs of grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 4 cups of cooked Jasmine rice
- 3-4 tbs soy sauce if you are using low sodium soy sauce, you may have to use more
- Preheat a large skillet with 2 tbs of oil
- Grate the garlic and the ginger, slice the onions thin. Add to the heated skillet and saute until fragrant.
- Add the shredded carrots, cook until soft. Take out of the skillet, set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of peanut oil in the skillet
- Lightly whisk the egg and 2 tsp of soy sauce, pour it in the center of the skillet. Let it sit there for a few second like a pancake (don't cook it completely).
- Add the rice and veggies, mix very well but carefully.
- Add the soy sauce, stir well and taste to see if you need more soy sauce.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
Don’t miss any new posts and recipes from me, subscribe to E-MAIL! Just enter your email in the side bar, you will receive an email for confirmation. Confirm and you are all subscribed! HUGS!