This is an amazing chicken dinner idea that is fun for kids and adults! Delicious Chicken Parmesan made into a roll up makes a flavorful, juicy and tender chicken dish.
CHICKEN PARMESAN ROLL UPS
The Classic Chicken Parmesan is one of my husband’s and son’s favorite meals. I would say it’s in the top 5 most favorite. I asked him what his favorite 5 dishes that I made are and he said Chicken Stroganoff, Chicken Kiev, Chicken Marsala, Chicken Parmesan and Steak Diane. I sense a pattern of chicken here.
So today is the first day back to school for me! Don’t be scared, I won’t abandon you! It’s promising to be a pretty easy semester this time. I only have two courses to take and one of them is online. This semester, I will actually have plenty of time to cook and share more new recipes. (Which is always a good thing when you’re writing a blog.)
Back to these delicious chicken roll ups though…
These roll ups feature all the classic ingredients you would find in a Chicken Parmesan but made with tender, pounded chicken. The chicken pieces have mozzarella cheese and Marinara sauce stuffed inside and seasoned bread crumb topping. Finally, it’s baked to perfection with some shredded, crisped Parmesan cheese on top.
These roll ups are very easy to make, so don’t worry, it won’t have you too much time. I love the presentation of this meal too. It could be very nice for a dinner party or for a fun family meal.
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES TO TRY:
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Chicken Parmesan Roll Ups
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4-6 oz sliced Mozzarella cheese depending on how cheesy you want it
- 1 1/2 cups Marinara sauce
- 4-5 leaves fresh basil
- 2/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup dry Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350° and lightly grease a small casserole baking dish. (If doubling the recipe, use a bigger baking dish.)
- Slice the chicken breasts in two, width-wise (like you would butterfly it but all the way through). Cover the cutting board with saran wrap, place the chicken halves on it and cover them with another sheet of saran wrap. Pound the chicken halves carefully, do not pound all the way thorough or break the skin. Salt and pepper the chicken.
- Mix bread crumbs with dry Parmesan cheese and some salt and set aside. Mix the marinara sauce with some minced basil and set side.
- Spread about 1-2 tbsp of marinara sauce over the chicken.
- Slice the mozzarella cheese into thin slices and divide them between the chicken halves (about 2-3 slices per breast).
- Roll up the chicken, tightly. Bread the chicken by rolling it in bread crumbs, then the whisked egg and then again in bread crumbs.
- Spread the remaining marinara sauce over the bottom of the baking dish and place the chicken in the dish, seam down.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle the shredded Parmesan over the chicken and bake for another 5-7 minutes.