This truly is the best season for comfort food and what can be more comforting than lasagna for dinner? These creamy lasagna roll ups are guaranteed to hit all the right spots. They are made with a creamy, cheesy mixture, packed with ham and broccoli, and topped with a cheesy cream sauce.
If there was a competition for favorite meats served during the late fall, it would be ham and turkey. Many people I know only eat turkey and ham dishes around the holiday season. I say they’re crazy. I don’t think eating ham throughout the year, makes the holiday ham any less special. After all, holidays are about food AND company. (Yes, I am one of those people that like to make pumpkin treats at different times of the year.)
I love making pumpkin treats out-of-season and I often keep some ham on hand to use in lots of recipes. Carving ham is an easy meat that can be added to many different recipes. It doesn’t even have to be dinner, adding some ham to a breakfast recipe is a delicious way to add more protein.
Adding ham to a side dish, like these scalloped potatoes, can elevate a side dish to a main course. Add some ham to breakfast recipes, like a breakfast potato bake and breakfast pastries, and you will make a breakfast dish deliciously hearty. I also like to add ham into veggie loaded soups and this Ham Leek and Cheese Bread Pudding can be enjoyed literally any time of the day.
Now, let’s talk new recipe! You know what is beautiful, smells fantastic, and gets the family running to the dinner table?
Ham and Broccoli Creamy Lasagna Roll Ups!
I don’t know why but my family is extra fascinated with lasagna rolls ups, they love it so much more than classic lasagna.
My family to lasagna: “Oh, you’ve spend two hours making lasagna? Ok, cool.”
My family to lasagna rolls: “Oh, you’ve made lasagna rolls!? That is awesome! I love it, can we eat it already?!”
To tell you the truth, lasagna rolls are so much easier and faster than lasagna and my family’s reaction to it makes it so much more special. So lasagna roll ups is the dish I go with for many bigger family dinners.
For my awesome, cheesy, creamy, and de-eliciuos lasagna rolls ups, I used Sugardale Prestige Ham Roast. Sugardale has a whole line of delicious ham products; from holiday ham, to carving ham, to deli-sliced ham. I like using the Prestige Ham Roast because it’s delicious, versatile, already cooked and it’s just waiting to be sliced and added to your favorite dinner, breakfast, or lunch recipe.
Ham and Broccoli Creamy Lasagna Roll Ups
These creamy lasagna roll ups are made with a creamy, cheesy mixture, packed with ham and broccoli, and topped with a cheesy cream sauce.
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 2 - 8 oz cream cheese packs softened
- 8 oz sharp white cheddar cheese grated
- 2 cups diced Sugardale Prestige Ham Roast
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli florets blanched
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 oz sharp white cheddar cheese grated
- Optional: more grated white cheddar cheese for topping
- Heat up a tall pot of water over medium-high heat until simmering.
- Throw in finely chopped broccoli florets and let them cook until turn bright green. Take them out with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel. (This will only take a couple of minutes.) Pat them dry with a paper towel.
- In the same water, cook lasagna noodles until just cooked, even al dente. Drain off all the water and lay out lasagna noodles on top of parchment paper. Make them nice and straight.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, salt, pepper, and grated white cheddar cheese. Mix well until combined (you can use a mixer).
- Add diced ham and blanched broccoli florets to the cream cheese mixture. Mix well, until all incorporate throughout.
- Spread a thin layer of the broccoli ham mixture all over each lasagna noodle.
- Roll up the noodles with filling.
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Place lasagna roll ups seam down in the baking dish.
- Sauce: In a small sauce pot, heat up oil over medium heat and add pressed garlic. Saute garlic until fragrant and whisk in heavy whipping cream. Heat heavy cream through until hot but not boiling. Whisk in grated white cheddar cheese and keep slowly mixing until cheese is completely melted and blended.
- Add some salt to taste and pour sauce all over the lasagna rolls.
- Add some more grated cheese on top if you wish.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
What is your favorite recipe with ham? Share it with me in the comments for your chance to win my favorite stoneware baking dish from Rachael Ray. Use it to make your own lasagna roll ups!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#sweepstakesentry”; and leave the url to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the url to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to us residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from SheKnows via [email protected]. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The official rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 11/1/17-11/30/17
Be sure to visit the Sugardale Foods brand page where you can read other bloggers’ posts!