Step 1: Cook broccoli florets in a boiling water until softened and take them out. Cook lasagna noodles in the same water until al dente. Drain off water and lay out lasagna noodles on the parchment paper.
Ham and Broccoli Creamy Lasagna Roll Ups
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 2 - 8 oz cream cheese packs softened
- 8 oz sharp white cheddar cheese grated
- 2 cups diced ham
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli florets blanched
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 oz sharp white cheddar cheese grated
- Optional: more grated white cheddar cheese for topping
- Heat up a tall pot of water over medium-high heat until simmering.
- Throw in finely chopped broccoli florets and let them cook until turn bright green. Take them out with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel. (This will only take a couple of minutes.) Pat them dry with a paper towel.
- In the same water, cook lasagna noodles until just cooked, even al dente. Drain off all the water and lay out lasagna noodles on top of parchment paper. Make them nice and straight.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, salt, pepper, and grated white cheddar cheese. Mix well until combined (you can use a mixer).
- Add diced ham and blanched broccoli florets to the cream cheese mixture. Mix well, until all incorporate throughout.
- Spread a thin layer of the broccoli ham mixture all over each lasagna noodle.
- Roll up the noodles with filling.
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Place lasagna roll ups seam down in the baking dish.
- Sauce: In a small sauce pot, heat up oil over medium heat and add pressed garlic. Sauté garlic until fragrant and whisk in heavy whipping cream. Heat heavy cream through until hot but not boiling. Whisk in grated white cheddar cheese and keep slowly mixing until cheese is completely melted and blended.
- Add some salt to taste and pour sauce all over the lasagna rolls.
- Add some more grated cheese on top if you wish.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.