Simple pasta salad and it’s unbelievably delicious. This pasta side salad is made with roasted tomatoes, garlic and dressed in creamy dill sauce. Perfect to serve at any backyard party and barbecue.
How was everyone’s holiday? Did you grill?
Every dad likes to be the grill master during summer holidays and especially on Father’s Day. I’m sure many of them had a great time playing with their grills this past weekend, and there are many more weekends to come. You will definitely be needing some great recipes for side dishes to go with all the grilled meat deliciousness.
Do you have those moments when you get a great idea for a recipe in your head but you don’t really know how good it would be until you actually taste it? I love those times because once I take that first bite of deliciousness…my knees buckle. This pasta salad was definitely one of those recipes, pure heaven!
The other day, hubs asked for a pasta salad. Of course, he knew he wanted one but he had no clue which one. I took it as an opportunity to come up with something new so I could also share a new recipe with you. Two birds with one stone.
I came up with something simple that only had a few ingredients but this is turned out so good! I wanted to make a creamy tomato pasta salad but decided to take it a step further and roasted tomatoes first. You can take it even further if you are planning a barbecue. You can fire-roast tomatoes on the grill in you have it available! I am definitely fire-roasting them for the next barbecue.
Creamy Roasted Tomato Pasta Salad
- 1 lb dry Cellentani pasta or other shape of your choice
- 3 large tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh dill weed
- Salt fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh dill weed
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- For Roasted Tomatoes:
- Pre-heat oven to 400 and cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Quarter tomatoes and place them in a large mixing bowl and mix them with 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Mix well until tomatoes are completely coated.
- Place tomatoes on the lined baking sheet, cut side up. Sprinkle each wedge with dill weed, salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes in the oven. Take out and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to the package, drain well and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Take skin off of roasted tomatoes, chop them and add to pasta. (Make sure to save tomato juice while cutting them and add it to pasta as well.)
- Press garlic into pasta and tomatoes. Mix well.
- Add mayo, sour cream, 2 Tbsp fresh dill weed, salt, pepper and paprika. Mix well, transfer into a container with a lid and refrigerate until ready to serve. (It would need a couple of hours in the fridge.)
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or any other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Delicious Recipes From Me: