Wait till you see what I have for you today! It’s unbelievable Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate and it’s SKINNY! Scrumptious hot chocolate, yet it’s light and waistline-friendly.
You did hear me right! This deliciousness is skinny!
Please don’t take the fact that it’s skinny to mean that it doesn’t taste good. It is full of chocolate and salted caramel flavors. It’s just made with light, fat free and sugar free ingredients.
Even my husband, who doesn’t like light and fat free foods, loved this hot chocolate. He saw me take pictures of it, of course it looks gorgeous, but he didn’t realize that it was skinny.
Hubby: “Didn’t you make one for me?”
Me: “Ummm, I would have but you know it’s skinny, right?”
Him: “Well let me just take a little sip and see it I like it.”
Takes a little sip…
Takes another sip…
Takes another sip…
Him: “I guess I’ll just take half since you only made one!”
Who knew that my husband would eat or drink anything with a word “skinny” in it?! This Skinny Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate really IS that good!
Skinny Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups of skim milk
- 2 1/2 tbs unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tbs Sugar Free Caramel topping
- Your favorite sugar substitute to taste
- Topping: Light Ready Whip
- Topping: Sugar Free Caramel topping warm it up for easy drizzle
- Topping: Coarse sea salt
- Pour the milk into a medium sauce pan and set the heat to medium.
- Sift in the unsweetened cocoa and whisk with a silicone covered whisk until smooth.
- Heat through and add caramel. Whisk until all combined. Add sugar substitute to taste.
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Top off with whipped cream and drizzle with caramel. Sprinkle coarse salt on top and serve.
- For best results, stir before drinking so the whipped cream and salt mixes in.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Light Drink/Dessert Ideas: