Absolutely scrumptious soft and chewy peanut butter cookies. These cookies are made with crunchy peanuts and white chocolate chips mixed in and a light sprinkle of coarse salt on top.
I should not be allowed to make cookies this good!
I have such weakness for cookies and I kind of wish I didn’t make them often. But when the mood strikes you, what else are you to do but give in and make some?! It doesn’t help when your little boy looks you in the eyes and asks for cookies. All I can say is, “Would you like to help me make some? We’ll make some cookies right now!”
My absolute favorite time to eat a cookie is about 3 minutes after they come out of the oven. I could probably eat the whole batch of warm, soft cookies that are fresh from the oven just standing in the kitchen, waiting for the second batch. I could but I don’t. It takes so much will power and strength for me not to eat them all….I want to, but I don’t.
Now, why exactly 3 minutes? (Yes, I’ve been known to time myself.) It’s directly related to just how many times I’ve burned my mouth trying to eat the cookie that I just took out. They just smell and look so good, I’m powerless near them. So now I have to give it about 3 minutes so they are still pleasantly warm but won’t burn me.
Sweet and Salty White Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup halved peanuts shelled, roasted and lightly salted
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coarse salt
- Beat butter in a bowl of an electric mixer, on medium-high speed, until light and fluffy (a couple of minutes). Lower speed to medium.
- Add both sugars and beat well.
- Add egg and beat until combined.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla and beat until combined. Turn off mixer and scrape sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Sift in flour, baking soda and salt. Beat on low speed until incorporated.
- Fold in peanuts and white chocolate chips until evenly incorporated.
- Cover cookie dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll 1-inch cookie dough balls and place them on the cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Gently press on cookie balls to slightly flatten. Sprinkle cookies with a little bit of coarse salt.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
XL Bakery Style Peanut Butter Cookies from Crazy for Crust
Chocolate Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies from Seeded at the Table
Pistachio White Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies from Mom on Timeout
Double Tree Hotel Chocolate Chip Cookies from Something Swanky
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Recipes From Me: