It’s hard to keep your hands away from the cookie jar when it’s filled with these Coconutties. Soft and chewy pudding cookies that are made with coconut pudding mix and rolled in coconut flakes. These cookies are nicely crunchy on the outside because of the coconut flakes that become toasted while cooking, adding an extra toasted coconut flavor.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
“Mommy, I want a cookie.”
“Yes, it has been a while since we made cookies, hasn’t it?”
Once someone gets an idea for cookies in my head, I’m like a little kid, all I want from that moment on is to get my hands on some warm, fresh-out-of-the-oven cookies. Those are the best kind.
Some say that my boys are spoiled because they get what they ask for most of the time, but I actually have a selfish motive when they ask me for cookies. I love cookies as much as the next kid, so I don’t mind at all when it comes to making and eating them. There is an added bonus being the one that made them…I get first dibs on the fresh from the oven cookie!
It’s not a surprise that as a coconut fanatic, my mind went straight to coconut flavored cookies. I actually combined two on my favorite types of cookies here, I made my “soft and chewy” cookies but in a pudding cookie type. It’s not the first time I’ve done that, I made the same combination in Banana Pudding Cookies. They’re always a big hit, so it was time to try the coconut flavor.
It’s easy to KEEP UP with NEW recipes through my social media channels:
Coconutties - Coconut Pudding Cookies
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3.4 oz package of instant coconut cream pudding mix
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup white granulated sugar
- 3 oz. cream cheese room temperature, cut into small pieces
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted and warm
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. whole milk
- About 1 1/2 cups of sweetened coconut flakes to roll the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place sugar and cream cheese in a large bowl.
- Pour warm butter over sugar and cream cheese and whisk until all combined.
- Add egg and milk, whisk until smooth.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and instant pudding mix. Mix with rubber spatula until completely combined. (You may have to just use your hands once dry ingredients are folded into wet ingredients, to finish mixing the cookie dough.)
- Use a cookie scoop (#50 size) to to scoop even amounts of cookie dough for the cookies. Scoop cookie batter and roll the dough into a ball. Roll cookie dough balls in coconut flakes so that they are completely covered. (You can press them very gently as rolling so that coconut flakes stay on better.)
- Place cookie balls on the baking sheet at least an inch apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Cookies from Baker By Nature
Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cream Cookies from Inside BruCrew Life
Coconut Cream Pie Cookies from Novice Chef Blog
Dutch Apple Pie Cookies from Lovely Little Kitchen
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!