These cookies are seriously amazing! They are so soft and chewy and just bursting with flavor! These cookies are made with key limes and coconut and some cream cheese for chewiness.
Before I introduce these amazing cookies, I want to say something…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the BEST little boy in the world!!
Yes, today is my little guy’s birthday, he is turning FOUR!
I can’t believe how fast the time has gone by. Seems like I just brought him home from the hospital. Just a teeny tiny, red, adorable baby. Now, he is four and still so adorable!
We are actually in Disney World today! It will be his first time meeting mickey (that he will remember!) I can’t wait to share our trip and the adorable cupcakes that I made for him!!
For now, enjoy these cookies because they are one of his favorite cookies!
If you like coconut or feeling like you are in paradise while biting into a cookie, these are definitely THE cookies for you! It is so incredibly easy to make these cookies and everyone loves them.
(**Email Subscribers: Please click through to the site for the recipes**)
Chewy Key Lime Coconut Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 oz. cream cheese room temperature, cut into small pieces
- Zest of 1 key lime
- 1/2 cup butter melted and still warm
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. whole milk
- 1 Tbsp. of key lime juice
- 1/2 cup of powder sugar for rolling cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place sugar, cream cheese, and lime zest in a large bowl.
- Pour warm butter over sugar and cream cheese and whisk until all combined.
- Add egg, milk, and lime juice, whisk well.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and coconut. Mix with rubber spatula until completely combined.
- Form 1-inch balls and lightly coat them in powder sugar.
- Place the cookies on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 11 to 12 minutes.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.