These are delicious, sunny muffins that I can’t wait to share with you! They are soft Lemon Pound Cake Muffins with a hint of coconut and topped with aromatic lemon glaze!
These beautiful Spring muffins are light, airy and bursting with flavor. The look and taste of these muffins would definitely put you in a sunny mood! I loved the idea of making muffins out of a pound cake, it’s like having an individual lemon pound cakes topped with lemon glaze. They are so perfect as breakfast or as a dessert. Eat them whenever you want!
Guess what, I also used Coconut milk to make these pound cake muffins!
The second I saw it at the store, I knew I had to try it. It was great in baking and I’ve been trying it with everything ever since. I love it in my morning coffee and with cake. (Oh, just wait till I share the cake this week!) It’s light in flavor and has a hint of coconut. It also has only 80 calories.
Lemon Coconut Pound Cake Muffins
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup Coconutmilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 12 Tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- Zest off of one medium lemon
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Coconutmilk hot
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Coconut Flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, coconutmilk and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer (or in a separate bowl using hand mixer)…sift the flour baking powder and baking soda. Add the sugar and salt. Mix the dry ingredients on low for about 30 seconds (until well combined).
- Add the butter and half of the egg mixture. Mix on low until just combined. Scrape the sides and bottom. Change the speed to medium and beat for about a minute. The batter will start get light and airy.
- Add the other half of the egg mixture slowly, in two batches, beating for about 30 seconds after each addition. While it's beating, pour in the lemon juice and add the lemon zest. The cake batter will be light and fluffy at that point.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups and bake for 18-20 minutes. Do a toothpick test at 18 minutes to see if it's done.
- To prepare the glaze, mix powder sugar and lemon zest together. Heat up the coconutmilk and stir it into the sugar mixture. Stir until smooth.
- Pour some of the glaze over the muffins and sprinkle with coconut flakes.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!