These Cotton Candy Cookies are now my son’s absolute favorite cookies. They are soft and chewy … and I cant forget the most important part, they taste like cotton candy!!
Ah, cotton candy! Who doesn’t love it?! I know that I’ve been obsessed with it ever since I tried it for the first time, when I was a kid. I don’t remember getting to eat it much, probably because it’s pure sugar. It was a rare but amazing treat. I don’t know a kid in a world that doesn’t go bananas at a carnivals over the cotton candy treat.
I know my baby sister absolutely loves it and I’m a little sad that she didn’t get a chance to try these cookies. Of course, I will make it for her when she comes to visit. Actually, I will make her bake it herself since I’m teaching her how to cook and bake every time she comes over. She won’t be able to say no to making these cookies!
From the first time I made these cookies, we all fell in love. Little man is obsessed with “the blue cookies!” He’s asked me to make them twice already! It’s not a problem because they are so easy to make and I think they are scrumdelicious too!
Soft & Chewy Cotton Candy Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3 oz of cream cheese soft and but into pieces
- 1/2 cup of melted butter still warm
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 packet of Duncan Hines frosting flavor packet Cotton Candy of course!
- 1/2 cup of powder sugar in a small shallow bowl
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line the cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray it lightly with nonstick spray.
- Place sugar and cream cheese in a large bowl.
- Pour warm butter over sugar and cream cheese and whisk until all smooth.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla, whisk well.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cotton candy flavor packet. Mix with rubber spatula until completely combined. Don't be afraid to get in there and mix with your hands (just make sure your hands are clean)!
- Form 1-inch balls and lightly coat them in powder sugar.
- Place the cookies on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes.
More Cookies To Enjoy!