These Cotton Candy Cookies are now my son’s absolute favorite cookies. They are soft and chewy … and I cant forget the most important part, they taste like cotton candy!!
Ah, cotton candy! Who doesn’t love it?! I know that I’ve been obsessed with it ever since I tried it for the first time, when I was a kid. I don’t remember getting to eat it much, probably because it’s pure sugar. It was a rare but amazing treat. I don’t know a kid in a world that doesn’t go bananas at a carnivals over the cotton candy treat.
I know my baby sister absolutely loves it and I’m a little sad that she didn’t get a chance to try these cookies. Of course, I will make it for her when she comes to visit. Actually, I will make her bake it herself since I’m teaching her how to cook and bake every time she comes over. She won’t be able to say no to making these cookies!
From the first time I made these cookies, we all fell in love. Little man is obsessed with “the blue cookies!” He’s asked me to make them twice already! It’s not a problem because they are so easy to make and I think they are scrumdelicious too!
Soft Chewy Cotton Candy Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 oz cream cheese soft and but into pieces
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted, warm
- 1 Tbsp whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 packet of Duncan Hines frosting flavor packet Cotton Candy of course!
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar in a small shallow bowl
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line the cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray it lightly with nonstick spray.
- Place sugar and cream cheese in a large bowl.
- Pour warm butter over sugar and cream cheese and whisk until all smooth.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla, whisk well.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cotton candy flavor packet. Mix with rubber spatula until completely combined. Don't be afraid to get in there and mix with your hands (just make sure your hands are clean)!
- Form 1-inch balls and lightly coat them in powder sugar.
- Place the cookies on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes.
More Cookies To Enjoy!
Red Velvet Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
Chewy Key Lime Coconut Cookies
Sumbitches: Peanut Butter Chocolate & Caramel Cookies
I know this is several years old but I just discovered this recipe. The flavor packets are no longer made. What could you use in place of those?
OH NO! I just saw that it has been discontinues. Oh, what a bummer, I loved that one.
I goodgled some flavorings and I found this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Candy-Baking-Flavoring-.125Oz-Bottle-2-Pkg-Cotton-Candy/41532924
I have not tried it but you can also check out Michaels for flavorings.
I will definitely have to look for something to substitute.
I found this syrup too. That could be something to try but definitely will need a recipe adjustment. https://www.amazon.com/Jelly-Belly-Cotton-Candy-Syrup/dp/B004KKXHZG/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1491425695&sr=8-1&keywords=cotton+candy+syrup&linkCode=sl1&tag=homemhoopl0f-20&linkId=36f8309f84bb09a4d145b8f323b2fe72
I volunteer to make 3 dozens of cookies to send into the summer youth camp. i doubled the baking powder and rolled into Wilton “White Nonpareils” sprinkles. The youth were talking about this delicious cookies. It was a big hit!
A friend of mine who brought the cookies to the camp were so proud 🙂 Thank you for this one. You did it!
How fun! I’m so glad they liked it. I bet the sprinkles made it fun.
The cotton candy flavor packet is blue but my cookies came out a nice green. Too bad I didn’t taste the cotton candy flavor at all. I guess people’s taste buds are all different. However I now discovered the frosting flavor packets. Thanks:)
What does the flavor packet look like? I have never seen these in the store. Wondering where to find them.
Sorry for the late response, Lisa!
It’s in the baking isle, look around the pre-made frostings. It’s by Duncan Hines: http://www.duncanhines.com/products/frostings/frosting-creations-cotton-candy-flavor-mix/ and they are small envelopes, same size as the yeast packet.
Jessi @ Practically Functional says
Oh my gosh, these sound absolutely amazing; I need to try them!!! Thanks so much for sharing this at Creativity Unleashed; pinning it for sure!
Alexis AKA MOM says
So yummy, bet my boys would love!!
I’m sure! My son went gaga over them 🙂
Thank you, Alexis!