Got a fun football party idea for you!! Rocking Pizza Pinwheels shaped as a football. It’s so fun and easy, your guests will love it!
First of all, sorry for not posting any new recipes for a couple of days. Little man and I have been quite under the weather and I couldn’t bring myself up to write or cook.
I did manage to whip up some awesome pizza pinwheels. I thought it would be a fun party idea to make the pinwheels into a football. At first, I thought that I would need a special pan but then I got an idea. Making a football form is super easy with aluminum foil! Duh!
I made the pinwheels using Pillsbury pizza dough (original, not thin crust), Marinara sauce and lots or cheese! You can choose your own filling of course, we just like a plain cheese pizza. To make the football stitches, I used mini pepperoni pieces. Isn’t it just too fun?!
Easy Football Pizza Pinwheels
- 1 original refrigerated pizza dough
- 2/3 cup of Marinara sauce
- 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese or Italian mix
- Mini Pepperoni pieces for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Roll out the pizza dough and straighten it to an even rectangle. Pull it a little but not too much so it won't be too thin or rip.
- Spread the marinara sauce evenly but leave about 1/2 an inch sauce free at the top, long side. This is so the dough will seal once rolled up. Add some salt.
- Spread the cheese over the sauce. Tightly roll up the dough.
- Cut the roll into 7-8 pieces.
- Cut two large rectangles out of aluminum foil. Place the foil piece one on top of the other and grease the foil. Lay the rolls in the form of a football in the middle of the foil sheets and bring up the edges of the foil. Fold and form a football shape out of the foil around the pinwheels, leaving a little bit of space between the foil and pinwheels so there is a little room for them to expand. Carefully (use a large spatula to help) place the foil form of pinwheels into a large rectangular baking dish.
- Lay the mini pepperoni pieces on top of the pinwheels to form the football stitches.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!