Got a fun football party idea for you!! Rocking Pizza Pinwheels shaped as a football. It’s so fun and easy, your guests will love it!
First of all, sorry for not posting any new recipes for a couple of days. Little man and I have been quite under the weather and I couldn’t bring myself up to write or cook.
I did manage to whip up some awesome pizza pinwheels. I thought it would be a fun party idea to make the pinwheels into a football. At first, I thought that I would need a special pan but then I got an idea. Making a football form is super easy with aluminum foil! Duh!
I made the pinwheels using Pillsbury pizza dough (original, not thin crust), Marinara sauce and lots or cheese! You can choose your own filling of course, we just like a plain cheese pizza. To make the football stitches, I used mini pepperoni pieces. Isn’t it just too fun?!
Easy Football Pizza Pinwheels
- 13.8 oz original refrigerated pizza dough
- 2/3 cup Marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Mini Pepperoni pieces for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Roll out the pizza dough and straighten it to an even rectangle. Pull it a little but not too much so it won't be too thin or rip.
- Spread the marinara sauce evenly but leave about 1/2 an inch sauce free at the top, long side. This is so the dough will seal once rolled up. Add some salt.
- Spread the cheese over the sauce. Tightly roll up the dough.
- Cut the roll into 7-8 pieces.
- Cut two large rectangles out of aluminum foil. Place the foil piece one on top of the other and grease the foil. Lay the rolls in the form of a football in the middle of the foil sheets and bring up the edges of the foil. Fold and form a football shape out of the foil around the pinwheels, leaving a little bit of space between the foil and pinwheels so there is a little room for them to expand. Carefully (use a large spatula to help) place the foil form of pinwheels into a large rectangular baking dish.
- Lay the mini pepperoni pieces on top of the pinwheels to form the football stitches.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful blog parties in my party tab , Weekend Potluck, Tip Junkie and Rattlebridge Farm. Swing by and link up your own projects!
Wow, such a cute pizza! I can see making this when we have friends over for the game.
This looks so good! I’m ready to eat – now!
Mackenzie @ Cheerios and Lattes says
This looks SO yummy Lyuba! I love using mini pepperoni; so fun! 🙂