Our favorite type of chili, White Turkey Chili! Delicious and comforting chili made with ground turkey, tomatillos, white beans and other veggies.
2 tbs olive oil
1/2 medium yellow onion
4-5 medium tomatillos
1 medium green bell pepper
3 garlic cloves
1.25 lb ground turkey
1 15-oz can of Cannellini beans (you can use 2 cans if you like more beans)
1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
salt and red pepper flakes
2 tbs heavy cream
Shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
1. In a large pot, heat up the oil.
2. Chop the onions, tomatillos, and bell pepper and saute until soft.
3. Add the ground turkey and cook until turkey is almost fully cooked.
4. Grate or mince in the garlic, stir well.
5. Add the white beans, stir and cook for a couple of minutes
6. Add the vegetable stock, bring to boil then lower the heat to medium.
7. Add the salt, red pepper flakes, oregano and cumin. Stir well and cook for about 20 minutes.
8. Add the heavy cream, stir well and cook for just a couple of more minutes.
9. Top with some sour cream, cilantro and shredded cheese when serving!
White Turkey Chili
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 4-5 medium tomatillos
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1.25 lb ground turkey
- 1 15- oz can of Cannellini beans you can use 2 cans if you like more beans
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and red pepper flakes
- 2 tbs heavy cream
- For topping:
- Sour cream
- Shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- Fresh cilantro
- In a large pot, heat up the oil on medium heat.
- Chop the onions, tomatillos, and bell pepper and saute until soft.
- Add the ground turkey, cover and cook until turkey is almost fully cooked (still on medium and remember to stir often).
- Grate or mince in the garlic, stir well.
- Add the white beans, stir and cook for a couple of minutes
- Add the vegetable stock, stir well.
- Add the salt, red pepper flakes, oregano and cumin. Stir well and cook on medium-low for about 20 minutes, covered.
- Add the heavy cream, stir well and cook for just a couple of more minutes.
- Top with some sour cream, cilantro and shredded cheese when serving!
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!