Perfect breakfast treat for the season. Easy stuffed pumpkin doughnuts filled with pumpkin cheesecake mixture and topped with pumpkin spice icing and crispy gingersnap cookies.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
I’m in such a beautiful mood! I can smell the fall in the air. First day of fall may not be until September 22nd, which my little guy keeps reminding me of every day, but I can sense it already. We were driving down to see my mom and the whole way, I could just feel the fall. It’s in the sky, it’s in the air, and it’s now starting to show on trees.
It’s a little hard to tell by the trees since in Florida, we are always green. But, there are a few trees here and there that do turn autumn colors. There is just something about the fall that makes the sky so beautiful. I always say that the most beautiful sky is in October.
The air is getting cooler too. It may not last long but this morning it was 72 when I took little man to school. It was so nice, I didn’t want to go back inside. I just wanted to sit on the patio and work there because of this gorgeous weather.
This beautiful turn of season is putting me in fall baking mood too. All I’ve been wanting to make is comfort food, soups, and delicious fall baked treats. For breakfast this weekend, I made this pumpkin version of our favorite cheesecake doughnuts. They were SO good, they didn’t even last two days. All three of us went crazy for these pumpkin doughnuts.
I can tell that I’m not the only one who is feeling the seasons change. I was lucky to snag a couple of last cans of pumpkin puree at the store. I went to two different grocery stores trying to find some pumpkin puree. Both were completely out. At the third store, I finally found some and they only had three cans left. I was going to snag them all but I felt bad, there are a mom with a little girl who were going for the pumpkin too. I did share, of course, but I also told the employee that it’s September and I would think they would stock up better than that. We all need our pumpkin fix now!
Cheesecake Pumpkin Doughnuts with Gingersnap Crumb
- Package of original refrigerated biscuits 8 count
- About 30 oz bottle of vegetable oil for frying
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- ¾ cup powder sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 2½ Tbsp heavy cream
- 10-12 gingersnaps crumbled
- Preheat oil in a fryer, dutch oven or a medium sauce pot to 340-350°F. (If using a pot on a stove top, I recommend a medium setting.)
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, pumpkin, and spices in a bowl for 2-3 minutes. Transfer cheesecake mixture into a piping bag fitted with a pastry filling tip. Set aside.
- Crush gingersnap cookies and place them into a wide, shallow bowl. Set aside.
- In another wide and shallow bowl, whisk powder sugar, pumpkin spice, and 2½ tbsp of heavy cream until smooth. Set aside.
- Open the can of refrigerated biscuits and carefully take them apart. Fry biscuits, 2-3 at a time, until golden brown. Flip to the other side and fry until that side is golden brown as well.
- Place some paper towels on a wire rack. Take out cooked doughnuts and place them on the paper towels to cool. (Make sure to use metal spoon or metal tongs to take out the doughnuts.)
- Let doughnuts cool for a couple of minutes. Then, fill each doughnut with some pumpkin cheesecake mixture from the piping bag.
- Dip each doughnut top in the glaze first and then, dip them in crushed gingersnap cookies.
- Repeat with all the doughnuts.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Homemade Jelly Doughnuts from Cake Whiz
Samoa Donuts from A Dash of Sanity
Oreo Overload Donuts from The First Year
Dunkin Donuts French Cruller from Peas and Peonies
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Doughnut Recipes: