Introducing delicious Red Velvet Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies! Soft and chewy Red Velvet Cookies made with Valentine’s M&M candy and creamy cheesecake ice cream in the middle.
We just got done with a set of holidays and another one is just a month away! Valentine’s Day is approaching fast and for me, for us bloggers, this means that planning should begin. In our blogging world, we have to start rolling out holiday recipes a month before the actual holiday, so that our readers have enough time to find exactly what they want to make. My husband always jokes that he eats so much holiday food before the actual holidays that it feels like they last a month instead of a day. I guess it’s a good thing!
Today, I want to share a Valentine’s Day idea. These ice cream sandwich cookies are not just adorable, they are perfectly sweet and smooth to satisfy adults and children alike. These cookies would be fun to serve for a V-day kid’s party or take it to your kid’s class and a fun treat. They are also elegant enough to share with your special valentine after a romantic dinner!
Red Velvet Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
- 1 2/3 all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 tbsp whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp red food coloring
- 1 cup Red Velvet M&Ms
- 3 cups Cheesecake ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line the cookie sheet with parchment paper. Grease lightly.
- In a mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and smooth (a couple of minutes).
- Beat in the egg and scrape the sides of the mixer.
- Add vanilla and milk, mix until just combined.
- On low speed, add cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and salt. Mix on low speed until just combined. Scrape the sides of the mixer.
- Add the food coloring and mix until just evenly incorporated, scrape the sides and mix just until all even color.
- Fold in the M&Ms with a spatula.
- Roll the cookie dough into 1-inch balls and place them on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. (8 if you want them softer and chewier.)
- Cool the cookies completely on a cooling rack.
- Add about 1/4 cup of cheesecake ice cream between two cool cookies and press very lightly and carefully, so not to break the cookie. Place the cookies in a zip-lock freezer bag, get some of the air out and lay them flat in the freezer. Freeze for about an hour or two before eating. (If you eat them right away, before freezing, it will be a big mess with ice cream falling out.)
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful blog parties in my party tab , Weekend Potluck, Tip Junkie and Rattlebridge Farm. Swing by and link up your own projects!
More Delicious Sweets!
Red Velvet Oreo Cupcakes
Oh man, I want like 3 of these right now!! 🙂 I am loving the cheesecake ice cream in these!!
Mackenzie @ Cheerios and Lattes says
Oh Lyuba… yum these look awesome! I love red velvet and with ice cream, all the better! Cute idea for Valentine’s Day too! 🙂
Thank you so much, Mackenzie!
Lisa @ Cooking with Curls says
Those are awesome Lyuba! I love the color, they are so pretty. Thank you so much for sharing them with us at Best of the Weekend. 🙂
Thank you so much, Lisa!
These look delicious Lyuba! Love red velvet and they are so perfect for Valentine’s Day 🙂
Thank you so much, Kelly!
This recipe looks so yummy! I have been trying to compromise with my kids, they eat a super healthy dinner with a few sweet treats after. This would be perfect. Thanks for a great recipe!
Definitely! Great deal, btw!
Thank you, Sami!
Tasha @ Designer Trapped in a Lawyer's Body says
These look amazing! Pinning! So, so, so glad I popped over from the Wow Me Wednesday link party to check out the full details. The thumbnail photo does not do these justice. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much, Tasha!
Aubrey @ Real Housemoms says
These are so gorgeous and I bet they taste amazing! My kids love that holidays last so long but my hips love it too much. 🙂
They sure did! Thank you, Aubrey!
Dalila G. says
This is such a wonderful sweet treat for Valentine’s Day!
Looks like I will be making my hubby happy again with this new to me baking recipe…… LOL!
He was a bit unhappy that all my Christmas baking was done, but now it’s on to Valentine’s!
I have to admit that I haven’t seen any Red Velvet M&M’s anywhere around by me either.
Also Lyuba I wanted to let you know that I just found your blog and I have to say it’s great!!
I signed up, I’m a new follower….YAY me!!
I have already found some wonderful recipes I’m going to try out.
Your pictures of the food you make are awesome!!! Keep at it, you’re doing a bang up job!
I’m so looking forward to your future posts… 🙂
You are so sweet, Dalila! Thank you 🙂
Hope your hubby enjoys them!
Lyuba, thanks for sharing this at Marvelous Monday tonight… looks perfect for Valentine’s day – pinned! Have a great week!
Thank you so much, Deb!
This looks yummy, Lyuba. I’ve never heard of red velvet M&Ms. Are they red inside? I love the idea of stuffing cookies with cheesecake ice cream. Pinning!
They are still chocolate but taste like red velvet 🙂
Thank you, Jelli!