Wonderful Chili Recipe made with beer is a perfect football party food. Comforting chili made with a combination of ground beef and ground pork, beans, vegetables, chili seasoning, and your favorite beer. This Chili recipe in a middle of a chili bar will be the star of the party.
If you’re not into the idea of beer in chili, try this Classic Chili Recipe. The best thing to serve alongside some good ‘ole chili is homemade buttermilk cornbread or some jalapeno cheddar buttermilk biscuits.
Now that Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s are over, we can focus on the something very important…Football! Play-offs are in full swing and Superbowl is just two weeks away.
This time of the year means only one thing, endless football parties every weekend! That is a lot of partying, a lot of football, and a lot of food. Chili Bar is a great way to keep all of your football fans satisfied while they are screaming at the TV to “Make A Pass!!!”
Everyone loves chili and everyone has their own extra delicious, special recipe and you gotta admit, it’s a fan favorite snack. They will be racing to the bar for refills after every touchdown!
TOPPINGS FOR CHILI
Load your chili bar with as many possible toppings as possible. Make sure to include lots of fresh veggies like:
-diced jalapeno peppers
-diced red of white onion
-diced green onions
Don’t forget to include lots of crunchy options like:
-crunchy chick peas
And of course, must-have classics like:
WHAT KIND OF BEER TO ADD TO CHILI
Now that we’re talking the good stuff, I’m happy to tell you that you can add just about any beer you want. The important thing to consider is to make sure you add a flavorful beer. A mild tasting beer will get lost in the chili flavors.
You can go as strongly as Guinness Stout or a similar deep dark beer. If stout is not your thing, try an amber ale.
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
PIN THIS RECIPE
Chili Recipe with Beer
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 tomatoes peeled
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup beer Ale or Stout
- 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 4 Tbsp tomato paste
- 16 oz can of pinto beans or kidney beans
- 2 tbsp chipotle chili powder or ancho chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp dry jalapeno peppers or use fresh ones
- salt to taste
- Heat up the oil in a large pot, over medium heat.
- Add diced onion and saute until it starts to become transparent. Add diced tomatoes and bell pepper, saute until veggies soften. Add minced garlic, stir well and saute until fragrant.
- Mix ground beef and ground pork together and add the mixture to the pot. Stir well, cover and cook stirring occasionally.
- When the meat is almost all cooked (you will notice that it gave out a lot of juice), add the beer, stir and heat through.
- Add the tomato sauce and tomato paste, stir well.
- Add your spices (chili powder, cumin, sugar, dry jalapeno, oregano, and salt) and stir well.
- Drain the beans well and add them to the chili. Stir well and cover.
- Cook on medium-low to low heat, cover, and cook for about about an hour and a half. Make sure to stir occasionally. Taste to check if you need more salt or more heat.
Disclosure: The post was sponsored by Dollar Tree’s Value Seekers Club but all opinions and photographs are my own