This is an amazing breakfast! Orange Creamsicle French Toast is a beautiful breakfast of French toast stuffed with orange kissed cream cheese and topped with warm orange maple syrup!
I have something super duper delicious for you! The kid in you (and your kids too) will LOVE this French Toast breakfast. Remember the little Orange Creamsicle ice cream pops that you loved so much as a kid? I incorporated their great flavor into our breakfast.
Hubs actually still loves Orange Creamsicles and anything flavored like them. I got him a pack of lollipops for Valentine’s day (yes, he is easily satisfied with candy) and I wanted to try one. When I reached for the orange one, I was told not to even think about touching the Cotton Candy and the Orange Creamsicle. He loves those a little too much.
Light bulb…That’s when I got the bright idea to make something in Orange Creamsicle flavor for breakfast. I was originally going to make pancakes because they both could eat pancakes for every meal of the day. But while I was shopping, I thought that French Toast would be even better. It’s just so good when stuffed with cream cheese. I was right, it was the perfect combination!
Orange Creamsicle French Toast
- French Toast:
- 6 1- inch thick slices of French Bread
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp orange zest
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil for cooking
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- Fresh squeezed juice from 1/2 an orange
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat a saute pan on medium heat.
- Slice the French bread slices in the middle but not all the way through.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, 1 tsp sugar and 1/2 tsp orange zest until well combined.
- In a shallow, wide bowl, whisk eggs, heavy cream, vanilla extract, 1/4 tsp orange zest and sugar until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture in the middle of the bread slices, evenly dividing between all slices.
- Dip the bread in egg mixture and then press lightly to let some egg mixture soak in.
- Cook the French Toast on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, combine fresh orange juice, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a small sauce pot. Bring to simmer and take off heat. Serve with French Toast.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!