Finally, we are down to my best beer recipe of the season! I’m sharing my Chocolate Stout Bread. A luscious, soft and rich chocolate bread made with chocolate stout.
I’m finally coming around to sharing this amazing bread. With as crazy as this week has been, it was nice to have a comforting little treat to relax with. As soon as I finished taking my pictures, half the bread was gone. It was so nice to sit down and share some delicious, rich chocolate bread and milk with the family. Some of us even had seconds …who needs dinner, right?!
I hope you enjoyed my St. Patrick’s Day beer recipes. If you remember, I shared Beer Batter Onion Rings, Guinness Glaze Chicken Sandwich with homemade Guinness glaze, and now, I shared my Chocolate Stout Bread. So which one was your favorite out of the three? If I was forced to choose, I would have to go with this bread. Hubs was forced to choose too and he chose the Guinness Glaze Chicken Sandwich, a little too quickly.
Chocolate Stout Bread
- 1/4 cup of buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of chocolate stout
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- About 2/3 cup of chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease an 8x4 inch bread pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and brown sugar until all combined.
- Whisk in the chocolate stout.
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk well, until all combined.
- Transfer the dough into the bread pan and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips all over the top.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes (until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.)
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Delightful Breads: