Pumpkin Martini is a dessert cocktail you will enjoy all season long. Made with vodka, spiced rum, crème de cocoa, pumpkin puree, cream, and maple syrup, this decadent pumpkin drink is a real dream come true. All of the adults around your Thanksgiving table will thank you for this sweet, boozy treat!
You know what this crazy, busy holiday season calls for? A nice Pumpkin Pie Martini in the evening to just relax with. Fall season is full of holidays, parties, gatherings, and family events. It’s full of pumpkin and apple treats and pumpkin spiced lattes. So why not bring the pumpkin treat to your happy hour as well.
This pumpkin pie martini will take you just five minutes to shake up and possibly even less time to sip on! Plus, it’s the best way to use up that leftover pumpkin puree I’m sure you have.
Pumpkin treats are the favorite in the fall but so many recipes only use up part of the pumpkin puree can. I always save leftovers in an air-tight container in refrigerate it for a couple of days. It’s easy to use the leftover pumpkin puree in recipes like Single Serving Pancakes, or Homemade Pumpkin Syrup, and this pumpkin martini, of course!
True to it’s name, this cocktail is made with all of your favorite pumpkin pie ingredients like pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice. It’s a true autumnal delight that will both satisfy your sweet tooth and your craving for a cocktail with both vodka and rum. The graham cracker rim bring all the flavors together with a “pie crust” like addition to every sip!
A Few Simple Ingredients
- Vanilla Vodka – vanilla is a better flavor option for this martini, but if you need to, use whipped cream vodka.
- Spiced Rum – use spiced rum, not dark rum!
- Crème de Cocoa – When making dessert cocktails, crème de cocoa is one of the most used liqueurs. It’s sweet and complimentary to most other ingredients.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – This is what I use to make this dessert martini rich, decadent, and creamy. You can also use half and half if you’d prefer. (Or even lactose free or milk substitute cream, just make sure it’s unsweetened.)
- Pumpkin Puree – I usually use homemade pumpkin puree but you can also use canned if you wish.
- Maple Syrup – use a little more or a little less based on how sweet you want it.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – This is the ingredient that when combined with the pumpkin puree creates the most delicious, unmistakable pumpkin pie flavor.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs – This is an optional (but highly recommended) ingredient for the rim. Use gluten free ones if needed!
What tools will I need?
For this easy recipe, you’ll only need a cocktail shaker, a jigger, and some martini glasses. Make sure you’re using a cocktail shaker that you trust, though! You don’t want a loose lid to make a mess and ruin all your fun. (Plus everything will be so sticky if it leaks!) Remember to make sure it’s nice and tight before you start shaking the cocktail.
How to Make the Best Pumpkin Martini
Start off by rimming the martini glasses. Dip them in a bit of water, then dip them into the fine crushed graham cracker crumbs to coat.
Next, add some ice to the cocktail shaker to keep things nice and cold. Pour all of the measured ingredients into the shaker before closing the lid tightly. Give it a vigorous shake for just a few seconds.
Pour the martini into the prepared glass, and enjoy your new favorite fall dessert cocktail!
How to Make Shooters for a Holiday Party
If you’re planning on having a party, this pumpkin dessert cocktails will be perfect! You can make a tray of shooters for your guests to make it easier to drink than a martini glass. Each martini is a little over 5 oz., so you can get 2 shooters out of it. So feel free to increase the recipe to make as many shooters as you’d like.
To make 10 pumpkin pie shooters, you will need 7.5 oz. of vodka and spiced rum, 2.5 oz. of crème de cocoa, 5 oz. heavy whipping cream, and 5 oz. of pumpkin puree. To finish it off, use 2-3 tsp of maple syrup and a little more than 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.
Try More Dessert Cocktails
Spiked Hot Chocolate – Godiva chocolate liqueur and bourbon are the best combination of liquor to compliment homemade smooth, rich hot chocolate.
White Russian – this strong but smooth classic vodka cocktail is made with only three ingredients: vodka, Kahlua, and heavy whipping cream.
Grasshopper Cocktail – this classic sweet cocktail is made with Crème de Menthe, Crème de Cocoa, vodka, and ice cream.
Coquito – a traditional Puerto Rican holiday drink that is smooth, thick, and creamy and has a pronounced coconut flavor.
Pumpkin Pie Martini
- Cocktail Shaker
- 1 1/2 oz vanilla vodka
- 1 1/2 oz spiced rum
- 1/2 oz crème de cocoa
- 1 oz heavy whipping cream or half and half
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/2-1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- graham cracker crumbs for the rim
- Dip the rim of a martini glass in some water and then, dip it into graham cracker crumbs to coat.
- Add some ice into the cocktail shaker and add all the ingredients for the martini. Close the cocktail shaker tight and shake vigorously for a few seconds.
- Pour into the prepared martini glass and enjoy!