Amazing dinner that will quickly become a family favorite. Comforting, oven fried chicken breasts topped with creamy, cheesy shrimp loaded sauce. Chicken, seafood, and a whole lot of delicious comfort all in one dish.
I don’t know about you, but I can’t possibly wait any longer to start making some comforting dishes. I’m getting a little tired of summer, more heat than anything else. Even though we still have another month, my impatience is taking the better of me because fall is my favorite season. In anticipation of cooler weather, I have all these tasty ideas coming to me and making me drool. I can’t help it, once I get a tasty idea, I have to make it.
But, you know what? This dish is very simple to make lighter or more comforting just with side dishes. For a lighter dinner, you can serve it with some fresh green beans, asparagus, roasted veggies, or a side salad. For a more comforting dinner, serve this chicken dish with potatoes or pasta. Oh, and don’t forget some biscuits.
Psst…you want to know another secret? This dish is a total knock-out as it is, but if you want to lighten it even more than serving a veggie side dish, you can grill the chicken. Use a grill or a sauté pan to grill the chicken and then, top if off with the creamy shrimp sauce. It’s a nice option when you are pressed for time or want to lighten the dish. Otherwise, I highly recommend preparing over fried chicken breasts. It’s full of flavor, it adds a nice crisp and the balance between the sauce and oven fried chicken is beautiful.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Oven Fried Chicken with Creamy Fontina Shrimp Sauce
- 3 chicken breasts
- About 1 cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup Panko crumbs
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 8-10 oz shrimp
- ½ cup white wine dry
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 oz Fontina cheese
- More Fontina cheese for the top.
- Cut each chicken breast in half, width-wise, all the way. Place chicken in a shallow, wide bowl and add buttermilk to it. Mix to coat chicken completely. Place in the refrigerator and let it stand for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 425. Melt butter and spread it in a rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine panko crumbs, flour, garlic, salt and pepper in a large zip-lock bag and mix it. Dredge each piece of chicken (one at a time) in the flour coating and place it on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes and flip each chicken piece to the other side. Bake for another 12-15 minutes.
- (Shrimp sauce will take about 15 minutes, so you can start it after you flip the chicken.)
- While chicken is baking, prepare the sauce.
- Wash and cut each shrimp in half. Set aside.
- Preheat a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add wine and let it simmer for a few minutes, until reduced by about half.
- Lower heat to medium and add chicken stock.
- Press garlic and add it to the pan. Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Slowly pour in heavy whipping cream while slowly whisking. Add some salt and pepper.
- Grate in Fontina cheese and whisk slowly until it melts.
- Add shrimp and cook until shrimp just turns pink and opaque. Take off heat.
- Scoop shrimp and sauce over the chicken as you serve it. Grate some for Fontina cheese on top if you wish.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Sriracha Chicken Alfredo from Plain Chicken
Chicken Noodle Casserole from Life in a Loft House
Thai Coconut Chicken and Shrimp Soup from Rasa Malaysia
Shrimp Scampi Lasagna from Life a Little Brighter
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Recipes From Me: