Soft, baked chocolate doughnuts that are filled with fresh raspberry jam, sprinkled with powder sugar and drizzle with more raspberry sauce. Wonderful morning treat for all that love raspberry chocolate flavors and doughnuts.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
I’ve never realized just how many people there are that love the flavor combination of chocolate and raspberry. Personally, I give a much bigger preference to white chocolate and raspberry flavor combo and would rather not add fruit or berries to my regular chocolate. But you should see how high my sister can jump when I mention “raspberry chocolate” anything. She jumps just about as high as my little man does when I make doughnuts, any doughnuts.
I really wanted to play around with filling baked doughnuts recipe and my family is always very supportive when I want to play around with any kind of a doughnut recipe. (I suspect they have selfish motives there.) When I ran an idea of “jelly filled” BAKED doughnuts by them, they were all for it. Making the doughnuts chocolate and filling them with raspberry jam seemed like a pretty good idea.
It really was not as difficult as one might think. It takes a delicate touch and making sure that the opening in a piping bags is not too big so the batter doesn’t pour too fast. Otherwise, easy-peasy, and in the end, these little chocolate treats do not disappoint! They came out soft, sweet, with a nice balance of a little sourness from fresh raspberry jam. Since some chocolate baked doughnuts could be a little on a dry side, I used sour cream and brown sugar. Yum!
Raspberry Chocolate Doughnuts
- 1¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup of whole milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate melted
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Raspberry Filling:
- 9 oz raspberries
- 2/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a small sauce pot, over medium heat, combine raspberries, vanilla, lemon juice and sugar. Mix well and cook, uncovered, for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain out about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons of raspberry liquid for the drizzle. Chill remaining raspberry jam until cold and put it in a piping bag. (You will cut off a small opening at the tip of the piping bag when ready to fill the doughnuts.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a doughnut pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk egg, sugar, milk, sour cream, melted butter, and vanilla together until smooth.
- Sift in all dry ingredients and whisk until all incorporated.
- Break up baking chocolate and put it in a small bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds on 1/2 power. Stir and microwave for 30 more seconds if needed. (Still on 1/2 power.)
- Mix melted chocolate into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a piping bag. (You may have to pour some batter in and refill later.)
- Cut the tip off the piping bag, leaving only about about 1/4 to 1/2 inch opening.
- Squeeze batter into the doughnut cups of the pan, in a circular motion, filling them only about 1/2 way. Make sure there is an even amount of batter all around.
- Pipe in some raspberry jam in the middle of the batter, in a circular motion, making sure that the jam doesn't go to the edges.
- Pipe some more chocolate batter over the jam, covering it completely and filling the doughnut pan cups no more than 3/4 full.
- (Refill the piping bag when needed.)
- Bake for 15-18 minutes and let doughnuts cool on the wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powder sugar and drizzle with strained raspberry sauce.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you!
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Healthy Flourless Cinnamon Bun Doughnuts from The Big Man’s World
Jelly Filled Doughnuts from Bakers Royale
Baked Vanilla Doughnuts from Deliciously Sprinkled
Caramel Apple Doughnuts from Nerdy Mamma
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!