Amazing, ooey-gooey grilled cheese loaded with zesty cheese, jalapenos, and crispy bacon. This quick and easy Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese idea will knock your sock off.
JALAPENO POPPER GRILLED CHEESE
I’m on a grilled cheese frenzy this month!
Yes, I know that I’m supposed to be since it’s National Grilled Cheese month, but I seem to be uber grilled-cheese-happy. I’ve been making one at least every other day. I can’t get enough!
This grilled cheese particularly stood out to me so I had to share it with you as soon as possible. It’s been inspired by the always-delicious jalapeno poppers. Extra cheesy, gooey sandwich that’s made on artisan white bread and filled with creamy Havarti cheese, fresh jalapeno peppers and crispy bacon. Cheese, bacon and jalapenos…how can you go wrong?!
Note: I do recommend using a deli-fresh artisan white bread because it will add very nice flavor to this sandwich.
SOME MORE RECIPES TO TRY
Bacon and Brie Grilled Cheese from Simply Delicious
Ultimate Grilled Cheese with Bacon Jam from Taste and Tell
Bacon Guacamole Grilled Cheese from Closet Cooking
Croque Monsieur Grilled Cheese from Foodness Gracious
Some More Sandwich Ideas:
Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwich – made with garlic bread and loaded with gooey mozzarella cheese, pine nuts, and prosciutto.
Jalapeno Cheddar Sliders – These mini cheeseburger sliders are made with lots of jalapeno peppers and cheddar cheese mixed right in and served on sweet jalapeno rolls.
Quesadilla Burgers – Juicy burger in between two cheese-covered, crispy flour tortillas topped with corn, tomatoes, fresh jalapeno peppers, avocado and chipotle mayo.
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices of white artisan bread
- 4 oz jalapeno Havarti cheese
- 4 oz creamy Havarti cheese
- 1 large jalapeno
- 6 slices of crispy bacon
- Salt to taste
- *For enhanced flavor, save some bacon drippings from cooking bacon, to brush outside of bread before cooking the grilled cheese.*
- Preheat a large cooking pan over medium heat. (Add a little bit of vegetable oil if not using bacon drippings.)
- Lay all slices of bread in the pan. Divide sliced jalapeno Havarti cheese between two slices and divide sliced creamy Havarti between the other two slices, covering them evenly.
- Seed and mince jalapeno peppers and divide between two slices of bread, on top of cheese.
- Crumble bacon and divide it between the other two slices of bread.
- Cook over medium heat until cheese starts to melt. Carefully place one of the slices of bread onto the other (bacon and jalapeno) and repeat with the other two slices. Press lightly. Cook on both sides, until the cheese is completely melted.
- Use serrated knife to cut.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.