Fantastic grilled cheese sandwich made with ham, brie cheese, sauteed onions, and maple mustard glaze. This sandwich will make a delicious post-holiday dinner lunch, using up leftover holiday baked ham.
I’m drooling again just looking at the pictures of this grilled cheese. This was an amazing sandwich and I want to bake more ham just so I can make more of these ham and brie sandwiches. But of course, you don’t HAVE TO have leftover baked holiday ham to make this scrumptious grilled cheese, any ham can be used. A holiday ham can just extra depth of flavor because it’s first baked with a glaze.
I still haven’t decided if I will be making ham or another protein for our Christmas dinner. Ham is always an easy choice. It takes five minutes to prep ham and glaze and then just pop it in the oven. Considering all the sides and desserts that also need to be made for the holiday dinner, making an easy protein is a great option.
I think I just talked myself into making ham for Christmas. Ham leftovers are also the best. Besides ham and cheese grilled cheese sandwiches, it’s great to use in dips, soups, lasagna, and even a savory bread pudding.
This Ham and Brie Grilled Cheese Sandwich is my favorite ham leftover recipe to date. Gooey, melted brie is great with ham and so much flavor is added with the addition of sweetens mustard spread over the bread slices.
It’s worth baking the ham just for these grilled cheeses!
Ham and Brie Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 2 slices of Italian bread
- 1 small onion
- About 4 oz Brie cheese
- About 1/4 lb ham
- 1/2 Tbsp Grey Poupon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Preheat a medium cooking pan over medium heat and add a little bit of oil for cooking.
- Slice onion thinly and saute until golden brown. Take out of the pan and set aside.
- Lower the heat to medium-low.
- Chop slices of ham and set aside.
- Cut the rind off the brie and slice it.
- Combine mustard and maple syrup, mix well. Brush one side of each bread slice with mustard mixture.
- Place bread slices, mustard side up, into the cooking pan.
- Divide brie among the two slices of bread, covering it evenly.
- Place sauteed onions and ham on one of the slices.
- Once the cheese starts to melt, coves the slice that has ham with the other slice of bread.
- Cook until cheese is melted and bread is golden.
Recipe from Lyuba, at willcookforsmiles.com, All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.