Wonderful chicken recipe that’s super tasty and very easy to make. Juicy chicken breast seared and smothered in homemade pesto, topped with tomatoes and lots of gooey mozzarella cheese.
I have been obsessed with pesto lately. I always love it but lately it’s been like that commercial…
“I put that %$#* on everything!”
I use it on sandwiches, instead of mayo or mustard. I mix it with pasta, add it to meats and veggies. I even add it to salads.
One of my favorite quick sandwiches is a slice of bread with pesto, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. After having it the other day, I thought that it would be great on a chicken breast for dinner. Oh boy, I love it when I’m right!
It was super easy and super delicious!
I am so excited to plant my own basil soon. Normally, I would have already had basil growing because we start getting warm weather early here, in FL. But this year, I ordered special pots for my herbs and they are taking their sweet time to come in.
They better get here fast because I want some fresh basil growing in my home asap!
Margherita Chicken Recipe
- 2 big boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh pesto
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 6-8 oz mozzarella cheese block, sliced into about 1/8 inch thick slices
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat and add oil.
- Cut chicken breasts in half, width-wise. Season with salt and pepper and cook in the skillet until golden on both sides and almost done.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of pesto over each breast.
- Add 2-3 slices of tomato and cover with slices of mozzarella cheese all over the top of the breast.
- Place skillet in the oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Optional: squeeze a little lemon over the cooked chicken.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
5 Ingredient Lemon Chicken and Asparagus from Pinch of Yum
Chicken Piccata from Life in the Lofthouse
Chicken Supreme Pasta Bake from Inside BruCrew Life
Crock Por Salsa Chicken from Jo Cooks
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Recipes From Me: